TV: Arrow 8th and final season

Unholy

kesbae
Jan 13, 2010
Southern California
Man I've been rewatching that scene where he 'confesses his secret' a lot. Has to be a top favorite moment in the whole show. Such a moment for Oliver.

Can't be said enough how well acted their performances have been.

KesselBuiltMyHotrod

Aug 2, 2005
MA
For me it's a toss-up between Arrow and Legends. They're very different shows, though, so it's great. Supergirl started out strong this season with Superman, but I haven't enjoyed the show becoming Mon-El and Friends. Still better than Flash.

Jan 3, 2012
The only one I'm not watching is Supergirl. Not into any of the Alien stuff.

Yeah I agree with what some other posters said, and one gripe I've had is literally everything that happens on Arrow could be solved by Barry in 5 secs.

kurt

the last emperor
Sep 11, 2004
Victoria
You stopped watching season 2????? That was the best season just skip 3 + 4 and start at 5

Yeah - I just thought the whole thing was dumb. I haven't been taken in by any of the DC shows, or the Marvel MCU shows on TV. The only shows that feel worth watching are the Marvel Netflix offerings, Preacher on AMC, and Legion (so far, anyway).

Unholy

kesbae
Jan 13, 2010
Southern California

giphy.gif

ATypicalCanadian

Apr 30, 2015
Canada
You've gotta think Adrian/Prometheus kills someone before the end of the season. I won't go as far as saying Felicity because Guggenheim and Mericle love her character/the actress.

If I had to make a guess I'd say the mom of Oliver's son is going to bite the dust honestly. There's no way the kid is in the background for the remaining part of the series in my opinion.

All-Star

Jul 14, 2003
Snake Mountain
Visit site
Arrow is excellent this season, and
Legends is also pretty good because of the Legion guys.

On the other hand, Flash is repetitive as hell (3 seasons = 3 speedster villains, so obviously they needed to add even more speedsters to the show /facepalm). Supergirl is **** all around; they spend way too much time feeling their feelings on that show.

SJSharksfan39

Oct 11, 2008
San Jose, CA
The ending of this episode reminded me of X-files "Home", with something brutal happening followed by an oldie. That was a really interesting and eye catching ending to a pretty good episode. This wasn't as good as the previous two weeks, but I think it did a great job setting us up for the final few episodes. I'm still loving the way this season is being written, with every episode being important to the overall story. Looking forward to 3 weeks from now.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
It's a petty little thing to bother me, but I always laugh that part of Curtis' costume is putting his hair into cornrows and then pulling it back out into the big afro afterward. That can't be easy. Or good for his hair.:laugh:

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Another strong episode, albeit I'm sad to see Anatoly taking a heel turn, but it's not wholly unexpected either.

I think this episode really stuck the landing that was set up from the previous installment, in that I think what truly separates Oliver from being a madman like Promteheus is that he is grounded by friends like John, who was the MVP of the episode. He managed to tie in everything that he has experienced and allow that to be a point of epiphany for Oliver when no one and nothing else was able to break through. I had a little bit of trouble buying Oliver forsaking medicine for sick children to hire a hit on Prometheus as being his way out, when it would have been simpler for him and his conscience to just grant Chase his wish and stab him in broad daylight in City Hall. At that point, he's the only one who suffers and his conscience is clear.

But, storyline beats being what they are...it all worked out. Now that Chase has been outted as Prometeheus, I'll be interested to see where they take him next. That was certainly a creepy closing scene of him driving back to Star City, covered in blood, with a lively tune playing in the background.

Howler Scores

Mar 13, 2011
Maricopa County
It was a bad a@$ ending for sure. I liked when chase was choking one of the marshals, blood flowed out of his shirt. Most shows would just have the red stain but they put in detail to make it flow since thats what blood does.

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
In perhaps the least shocking news of all time, Felicity is still a garbage character

Worst episode of the season, and it ain't close

Unholy

kesbae
Jan 13, 2010
Southern California
Not bad for a filler-ish type. Was going into it thinking I'd dislike it due to the long break and the previous episodes being so good. But didn't really hate it. Still don't mind Felicity.

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
Not bad for a filler-ish type. Was going into it thinking I'd dislike it due to the long break and the previous episodes being so good. But didn't really hate it. Still don't mind Felicity.

Bless your heart

I'm a jaded soul, that wants her off the show at all costs haha

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
I thought last night's episode was strongly acted and finally had Oliver and Felicity lay all of their issues with each other out on the table, but it felt like a weird sojourn during the overarching story. I guess Chase was the catalyst for the events, but it felt like a bit of a jarring disconnect from both the preceding episodes and, by the looks of it, the following ones.

SJSharksfan39

Oct 11, 2008
San Jose, CA
I thought last night's episode was strongly acted and finally had Oliver and Felicity lay all of their issues with each other out on the table, but it felt like a weird sojourn during the overarching story. I guess Chase was the catalyst for the events, but it felt like a bit of a jarring disconnect from both the preceding episodes and, by the looks of it, the following ones.

It was a filler episode that had some strong character growth. I was ready to hate the episode, but the ending saved it, especially Felicity admitting how hypocritical she was and the reason she joined Helix. With how Arrow has been going this season, I could take a filler episode this late as a way to bridge what happened the previous episodes and what will happen at the end. We've had so much stuff happen this season that having an episode like this might have been very beneficial, especially if it convinces Oliver to don the Arrow suit again.

Unholy

kesbae
Jan 13, 2010
Southern California
It was both at the same time strange and nice for this type of episode to be so close to the finale but I can see why it was. Some very nice acting and character progression, got some stuff out of the way and can see it being a part of something later.

Not bad. Now lets get to the other good stuff :)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad