TV: Arrow 8th and final season

SJSharksfan39

Oct 11, 2008
San Jose, CA
I'm getting tired of Oliver in prison already. And is it obvious to anyone else that the little guy is not who he appears to be? Diaz being always ahead of anyone else is becoming really tiring as well.

I agree with all of this. It doesn't feel like Arrow anymore.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
I hope that the flash forwards aren't the only place that features Roy. They made a big deal about him returning, it'd be kind of a piss-off if it was just for one batch of segments that are kinda tangential to the main plotline

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
So now it's becoming more apparent that the "new" Arrow is female. Body structure seems to have changed from the first couple of episodes. Perhaps even multiple Arrows? I don't think it's Felicity because present day Felicity can't be at two places simultaneously. Future...?

Flash20

DC Homer
Oct 16, 2009
Buffalo
Love the show this season but I’m a Felicity Hater the day she dies on the show I’ll be the happiest I just can’t stand her mood swings and personality changes and her annoying corky jokes

Flash20

DC Homer
Oct 16, 2009
Buffalo
So now it's becoming more apparent that the "new" Arrow is female. Body structure seems to have changed from the first couple of episodes. Perhaps even multiple Arrows? I don't think it's Felicity because present day Felicity can't be at two places simultaneously. Future...?

Flash20

DC Homer
Oct 16, 2009
Buffalo
Kinda surprised this show lasted as long as it did

I found the acting to be quite subpar, so I tapped out midway through the 5th or 6th episode of Season 1

S1 S2 best ever for a CW show

S3 and S4 was the worst thing I watched

S5 was absolutely incredible

S6 was great but got a little boring at the end for me

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Hey, another character that isn't dead. Nice Batman reference/hint though. Even though it'd be unrealistically stupid, I hope Oliver gets out of the prison because it's getting really stale.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
"Why would Felicity do this? Everyone loved her."

Aaaand they're teetering right on the edge of losing me.

Every time the writers push Felicity harder and it fails, they just grit their teeth and try even harder still. Now we're up to the point of just having the characters outright and directly shill her to the audience.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
While I was watching the crossover stuff I thought for sure that since it was using so much Crisis on Infinite Earths stuff it would end with the Supergirl earth being merged with everything else on the CW shows so it was all one universe.

Now I guess they're saving that for next year. And I'll still bet that crossover ends with the CW shows being consolidated (except maybe Black Lightning?) If only because the whole Supergirl/Batwoman thing heavily teased the idea of them teaming up

Good thing it's a year away. It gives me time to re-read the TPB, which I'll need since it's a loooooong read.

Also I'm still not sold on Ruby Rose as Batwoman. She's just not a good actress.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
While I was watching the crossover stuff I thought for sure that since it was using so much Crisis on Infinite Earths stuff it would end with the Supergirl earth being merged with everything else on the CW shows so it was all one universe.

Now I guess they're saving that for next year. And I'll still bet that crossover ends with the CW shows being consolidated (except maybe Black Lightning?) If only because the whole Supergirl/Batwoman thing heavily teased the idea of them teaming up

Good thing it's a year away. It gives me time to re-read the TPB, which I'll need since it's a loooooong read.

Also I'm still not sold on Ruby Rose as Batwoman. She's just not a good actress.
She's an absolutely dreadful actress.

Every time I see her, I am always like "Wow, more feminine looking Bieber really sucks at acting."

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
She's an absolutely dreadful actress.

Every time I see her, I am always like "Wow, more feminine looking Bieber really sucks at acting."

I think she was trying to be intense and intimidating like you'd expect a Bat-family character to be, but it just came off as stiff and mumbly. At least she didn't do some sort of awful Christian Bale bat-voice when she was in costume. Though I suppose with all the ribbing Oliver got about that from Barry and Kara they kind of knew better than to go down that road with someone else.

Also the conversation betwen her and Kara was kind of awkward as Kara talked about Batman and how him and Superman know one another when I was fairly certain that it was established that none of the heroes who exist on the Flash/Arrow Earth exist on Supergirl's Earth and vice versa. And even if Batman did exist in both places, it'd be weird for Kara to talk about Superman knowing him since he clearly wouldn't know the Earth-1 Batman and the Earth-1 Batman wouldn't know Superman since Kryptonians don't exist on that earth.

Which is another reason why it would make sense for them just to bite the bullet and collapse the multiverse enough to the Supergirl show in the same dimension as Flash/Arrow/Legends and be done with it. I mean given how infrequently the other shows interact with one another it can't possibly be that big of a concern to suddenly have more heroes and villains native to Supergirl's dimension, or aliens running around in the same dimension as Flash/Arrow.

Finally the ending made it seem like we won't be seeing Superman again for a long time. Like longer than next year's crossover.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I think she was trying to be intense and intimidating like you'd expect a Bat-family character to be, but it just came off as stiff and mumbly. At least she didn't do some sort of awful Christian Bale bat-voice when she was in costume. Though I suppose with all the ribbing Oliver got about that from Barry and Kara they kind of knew better than to go down that road with someone else.

Also the conversation betwen her and Kara was kind of awkward as Kara talked about Batman and how him and Superman know one another when I was fairly certain that it was established that none of the heroes who exist on the Flash/Arrow Earth exist on Supergirl's Earth and vice versa. And even if Batman did exist in both places, it'd be weird for Kara to talk about Superman knowing him since he clearly wouldn't know the Earth-1 Batman and the Earth-1 Batman wouldn't know Superman since Kryptonians don't exist on that earth.

Which is another reason why it would make sense for them just to bite the bullet and collapse the multiverse enough to the Supergirl show in the same dimension as Flash/Arrow/Legends and be done with it. I mean given how infrequently the other shows interact with one another it can't possibly be that big of a concern to suddenly have more heroes and villains native to Supergirl's dimension, or aliens running around in the same dimension as Flash/Arrow.

Finally the ending made it seem like we won't be seeing Superman again for a long time. Like longer than next year's crossover.
In the cross-over, they sort of tested the "Lois & Clark" response to see if people would want to see a reboot of that.

I would not be shocked if in the coming weeks, they announce a version of that coming back or they test it further with more Superman/Lois screentime and continue to test the response.

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
I'm sad, but can't say I'm surprised. You could really tell that the show has been losing its luster and I'm not sure where they could go from here with the way this season is going.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
The end really couldn't come any sooner. I'm finding it hard to get interested in the 2040 storyline. Though I have to admit that I think Katherine McNamara might be going places. I saw her in Shadow Hunters already. For some reason I can see her in the MCU in the future.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad