Video Arron Asham KO's Jay Beagle

Shwag33

May 27, 2008
I honestly don't see the problem with the post-fight gestures. It wasn't like he got in Beagle's face to rub it in NFL-style. The crowd loves a bit of showmanship after a fight, and given that Asham didn't know how badly Beagle was hurt, there wasn't anything particularly offensive about what he did.

Honestly i can't believe how many cry babies there are on here about it. Probably the same people that ***** that they dont want fighting taken out of the game though.

Any other sanctioned 'fighting' sport... the winner goes crazy celebrating. Yeah the NHL isn't sanctioned, but we know fighting 'is' allowed. Ever watch boxing, ufc, hell even olympic wrestling. If they win they celebrate. You were FIGHTING, you dont have to have a pitty party for the guy afterwards.

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
I approve the celebrations. It's like winning at boxing or MMA fights and not being allowed to celebrate and show off? Give me a break. Don't listen to what the old men have to say, players! I like to see it as a fan and i'm paying your salaries. So show me some entertainment.

THD

Oct 19, 2011
I didn't the gesture at the end was all that bad. I mean...he was out...he went to sleep. It was all truth...

Plus it is a FIGHT. You're not the calmest person :shakehead

8spokesontheB

Cry Havoc!
Dec 24, 2008
I'm a big Aaron Asham fan. He fought my boy "Sugar" Shawn Thornton one time and his hair was flying all over the place and he did well; I've always liked him since then.

hyzer23

Sep 12, 2011
Queen City
i may be in the minority (haven't read thru this whole thread) but i have no qualms wit asham solidifying his beastness i.e. his post fight actions. I mean if your going to allow organized fighting in a professional sport, what asham did afterwards is totally acceptable. this is a caps fan writing this as well.

MetalheadPenguinsFan

Sep 17, 2009
Canada
fight_video_arron_asham_bloodies_jay_beagle_who_pulls_out_tooth.jpg

Exit right...enter night.
Feel my hand.
Your off to never never land.

:yo:

Would make a great caption.

HP00

Oct 27, 2007
Buffalo, NY
Heres my take, if two players engage in a fight as more of a "lets just see whos better" kind of thing then the whole taunting thing at the end would be deemed as the overused and annoying word "classless".

If the players are bickering and at that moment HATE each other for whatever reason and they duke it out I do not see any reason to why taunting would be classless. Its ok to punch a guys face in until hes knocked out but God forbid he hurt his feelings....Isnt the whole point to a fight to get the other guy either knocked out or just out of the fight? Even so, how is Asham supposed to know how bad Beagle was hurt? He hit him and turned his back, like any other fighter. This whole no taunting thing when to guys FIGHT for the sake of revenge or hatred is ridiculous.

Skrudland2Lomakin

Jan 1, 2011
Heres my take, if two players engage in a fight as more of a "lets just see whos better" kind of thing then the whole taunting thing at the end would be deemed as the overused and annoying word "classless".

If the players are bickering and at that moment HATE each other for whatever reason and they duke it out I do not see any reason to why taunting would be classless. Its ok to punch a guys face in until hes knocked out but God forbid he hurt his feelings....Isnt the whole point to a fight to get the other guy either knocked out or just out of the fight? Even so, how is Asham supposed to know how bad Beagle was hurt? He hit him and turned his back, like any other fighter. This whole no taunting thing when to guys FIGHT for the sake of revenge or hatred is ridiculous.

The way I've always looked at it is that the fight is supposed to end it all. The entire image that hockey tries to spin about fighting is that there is some sort of code of honor to it, that these are men and they are handling their differences like men, and when it's all said and done the differences are squashed. I think this is why this whole instance bothers people so much, Asham broke some sort of unwritten code that hockey has that when the fight is over, the beef is over. The comparisons to boxing and UFC isn't fair, those sports rotates around fighting, that is the sport. In hockey the purpose of the fight it theoretically to provide some sort of self policing, and so it's viewed as being more of a necessary evil, that's why people enjoy the idea of there at least being a level of mutual respect between fighters. Asham's actions made people thing that maybe there isn't a level of mutual respect, and to some it's upsetting.

HP00

Oct 27, 2007
Buffalo, NY
The way I've always looked at it is that the fight is supposed to end it all. The entire image that hockey tries to spin about fighting is that there is some sort of code of honor to it, that these are men and they are handling their differences like men, and when it's all said and done the differences are squashed. I think this is why this whole instance bothers people so much, Asham broke some sort of unwritten code that hockey has that when the fight is over, the beef is over. The comparisons to boxing and UFC isn't fair, those sports rotates around fighting, that is the sport. In hockey the purpose of the fight it theoretically to provide some sort of self policing, and so it's viewed as being more of a necessary evil, that's why people enjoy the idea of there at least being a level of mutual respect between fighters. Asham's actions made people thing that maybe there isn't a level of mutual respect, and to some it's upsetting.
For some players though, fighting is pretty much all they bring to the game and when they win a fight that is like scoring a goal so naturally they would want to celebrate. I think that players do a relatively good job of containing themselves even counting players raising their arms up to pump up the crowd. I mean I know there is a difference in scoring a goal and winning in a physical altercation but if thats what you do then celebrating with a few gestures within some boundaries is the most they could do.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad