Video Arron Asham KO's Jay Beagle

MetalheadPenguinsFan

Sep 17, 2009
Canada
Asham is awesome and both his fight and celebration were awesome.

People should just appreciate the fact that despite doing nothing wrong....he took the high road and still wanted to apologize to anyone he may have offended after the game. Especially when IMO he didn't need to apologize for anything.

Beagle started the whole thing by being an idiot and taking a swipe at Letang. He then decided to willingly go with Asham (while moronically still wearing a visor no less) and as a result of this stupidity...paid the price a few minutes later.

Sure it looked nasty, but it's not Asham's fault. Beagle brought it all on himself really by starting shananigans with Tangers. Maybe next time he'll think twice about fighting or at least...take his visor off...no?

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.PIERRE★
Jul 26, 2005
Cant blame him for the gestures, he was jacked up on adrenaline, and didn't know he was injured like that. You could tell he felt bad about it after he sat in the box.

ponder

Jul 11, 2007
Vancouver
Pretty brutal fight, his mouth was absolutely destroyed and that looked like quite the concussion too. Hopefully Beagle's OK in the long run, he's a borderline NHLer as is, if you throw concussion issues into the mix he won't get much of a shot.

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
Odd saying Asham was both classless and classy? lol Poor move on the ice, smart one off it.

This

Always liked Asham.. Type of guy to tap you on the back after a fight......Very classless move but I beleive him that he was caught in the moment.....He has a house in Lido beach where his ex girlfriend and Daughter live and visits the beach during the summer seen him a lot in person and hes a nice guy.......Hope Beagle is alright that was pretty hard core....

I wonder how different this thread would be if it was Lucic dropping a non-fighter and gesturing after like that.

But damn, dude got rocked. :amazed:

or Gillies.....

BoHorvatFan

Dec 13, 2009
Vancouver
If you get in a fight and lose the other guy can mock you as much as he wants, he just knocked you out!!!!!

Enough of this hurt feelings BS these two MEN just had a fist fight in downtown Pit.

danishh

Dec 9, 2006
YOW
i certainly hope asham regrets his gesture after the fight. That was despicable. Fighting is a part of hockey, but what he did is most certainly not.

Eaglepride*

Holly **** what a bomb by Asham.

As for people calling him classless emotion took the best of him, he did some regrets what else do you want? Why did Beagle choose to throw punches at Letang a guy, not known as a fighter?

Hope he is alright though.

As for the whining from some Caps players man up and don't pick your spot, jesus.

Asham, Engelland and the human Hulk known as PunchIntyre are a tough 1,2,3 punch for every opponent. God I wish we would at least have one of them.

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA

As for people calling him classless emotion took the best of him, he did some regrets what else do you want? Why did Beagle choose to throw punches at Letang a guy, not known as a fighter?

As for the whining from some Caps players man up and don't pick your spot, jesus.

Asham, Engelland and the human Hulk known as PunchIntyre are a tough 1,2,3 punch for every opponent. God I wish we would at least have one of them.

...and this. Best 1-2-3 I've heard of.

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
Good for Asham saying he was being classes and he regrets what he did. Anyone who's been in a fight on the ice before knows the adrenaline is pumping and sometimes dumb **** comes out of it.

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
Aaron channeled his cm punk.

Literally the first thing that came to mind when i saw that

RoninsRevenge

Mar 14, 2008
That 1-2 KO combo followed by two perfectly executed gestures all while being centered for the camera the entire time are begging to be made into a GIF. Damn, what an absolute bomb. :amazed:

bonzaibondra12

Feb 13, 2010
Rockville, MD

How ignorant can you be? Punches? He gave his hand to the mouth after being pushed by Letang. This happens all the time.

Beagle isn't a fighter so why doesn't Letang fight like a man. He is not much smaller than Green. Green fights.

Maybe next time we can play DJ King and get Letang to drop his gloves. I am sure Pens fans would say love it.

Bennett Brauer

May 1, 2011
Pittsburgh, PA
How ignorant can you be? Punches? He gave his hand to the mouth after being pushed by Letang. This happens all the time.

Beagle isn't a fighter so why doesn't Letang fight like a man. He is not much smaller than Green. Green fights.

Maybe next time we can play DJ King and get Letang to drop his gloves. I am sure Pens fans would say love it.

How ignorant can you be?

Beagle isn't a fighter so why did he fight? He wasn't forced to, as a matter of fact he attempted the first 2 punches.

Asham stuck up for his teammate, Letang didn't want to or have to fight, there is no rule saying you HAVE to fight if someone does something to you.

Hope Beagle is alright, but he shouldn't have dropped the gloves with an NHL player who is known for fighting and grit, also Asham doesn't jump people so Beagle was more than likely okay with fighting him and lost the fight.

As for DJ King? Please play him, you won't see Letang dropping his gloves with him, that would just be stupid. You wanna play DJ King, he can choose between Asham, Engelland or MacIntyre, either way King would probably get KO'd or atleast lose to one of those 3 so it really doesn't matter.

RoninsRevenge

Mar 14, 2008

Letang's no coward, he has fought in the past. However, he's developed into one of the leagues premier Dman, and Pittsburgh's best by far. With Orpik already out, he can't be dropping the gloves and sitting in the box for 5 minutes. He's just way too valuable. Asham however, did exactly what he's supposed to. Don't allow the opponent to get chippy with their star players. If Beagle didn't want to go with Asham, he could have declined. Instead he willingly fought an experienced fighter and got annihilated. Lesson learned hopefully.

Rob Scuderi

Sep 3, 2009
If you get in a fight and lose the other guy can mock you as much as he wants, he just knocked you out!!!!!

Enough of this hurt feelings BS these two MEN just had a fist fight in downtown Pit.

It's just not a good look for one player to be celebrating or taunting after they potentially knocked an opposing player out and they're laying on the ice injured. I'm pretty sure Asham didn't realize the situation though and either way he addressed so I'm not too worried about this incident.

Stjonnypopo

Rgesitreed Uesr
Jan 26, 2009
Mount Doom
Asham didn't think he demolished Beagle, he couldn't have known that until he skated to the box and saw that Beagle was still down. You can tell that as soon as he saw Beagle was down he felt bad. But his job is to fight and stand up for his players. Maybe someone on Washington should have stood up for Beagle instead of letting him get into a scrap with an experienced fighter.

ds246pit

Dec 21, 2006

Letang is smart enough not to drop his gloves with DJ King. But please let him try. I'd love to see what King's face looks like once Big Mac is done with him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->