OT: Around the NHL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mario_is_BACK!!

ACK! ACK ACK! ACK!!!
Nov 29, 2003
Charleston, SC
www.caseandpointsports.com
A private company has every right to sell there product to whomever they want. Pharmaceutical companies are no different. This isnt teams jumping the que on a publicly funded vaccination effort like with H1n1. Pfizer-BioNTech was a complete privately funded creation. Im guessing the NHL had numerous production contracts with different companies. People can be upset about the morality of it, but theres nothing ethically wrong. Its a prime example of free market economy.

It’s actually pretty easy to argue ethical and moral wrongs here.

bambamcam4ever

107 and counting
Feb 16, 2012
A private company has every right to sell there product to whomever they want. Pharmaceutical companies are no different. This isnt teams jumping the que on a publicly funded vaccination effort like with H1n1. Pfizer-BioNTech was a complete privately funded creation. Im guessing the NHL had numerous production contracts with different companies. People can be upset about the morality of it, but theres nothing ethically wrong. Its a prime example of free market economy.
Correct. The rich live and the poor die.

BHD

Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
A sign that 2020 is not some messed up part of our imagination: Jonathan Toews continues to be grossly overrated. That, unfortunately, continues to be a reality.

Reactions: Mario_is_BACK!!

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
Jerseys will be next.

It works for 'real' football. They just need to stay classy, like, less than four sponsor logos...seeing some of the Euro league jerseys and ice sponsors makes it impossible to see the team logo, player name, or number lol

Hell, it creates a bigger jersey market because, I mean, you gotta get a new one everytime a new primary sponsor shows up, right? Don't wanna look out of the loop!

No thanks
oilers-sign-joel-persson.jpg

This is passable
Nov11thmatchreport-300x300.jpg

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
It works for 'real' football. They just need to stay classy, like, less than four sponsor logos...seeing some of the Euro league jerseys and ice sponsors makes it impossible to see the team logo, player name, or number lol

Hell, it creates a bigger jersey market because, I mean, you gotta get a new one everytime a new primary sponsor shows up, right? Don't wanna look out of the loop!

No thanks
oilers-sign-joel-persson.jpg

This is passable
Nov11thmatchreport-300x300.jpg

Hate the bottom one (maybe better on the back). A patch on the other side of the chest sure.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
Some adjustments to the divisions still. Not totally agreed upon yet but I’m sure it doesn’t change where we are.

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
Hate the bottom one (maybe better on the back). A patch on the other side of the chest sure.

Oh for sure, the big white rectangle hurts

I just mean in terms of HOLYSHITTOOMANYLOGOS vs THATISNOTTHATBAD

I took like 8 seconds to search SEL images lol

Reactions: Tom Hanks

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
Listen... just pull the bandaid off quickly. It's inevitable. Just do it and let people complain. Revenue continues. Owners/players like it. It sadly grows the game.

No it doesn't "grow the game". It creates a revenue stream at the risk of alienating SOME (not a lot, we will all survive it) fans. Does nothing for hockey's footprint or the game in general. Could be great for the league's bottom line.

But, tbh, I would consolidate my next TV deal before having to deal with that backlash (because there will be an initial backlash).

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
What are we assuming is happening?

Outside of some hack 5th round wanker that couldn’t make it on a horrid DRW team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->