OT: Around the NHL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
I want to leave this go but... the ‘elite’ talent of both ROR and tarasenko have NEVER in their career been a ppg player... piets, parayko.. yea great players. But St Louis is the worst team in the last decade plus to win the Cup.

And they are a much better team than this Vegas team roster wise.

Chandler Stephenson is a 15 minute C on them. St. Louis had ROR, Schenn, and Bozak down the gut.

Alec Martinez is the # 3 D for Vegas. Bouwmeester was in St. Louis.

Just a completely different level of talent.

bambamcam4ever

107 and counting
Feb 16, 2012
I want to leave this go but... the ‘elite’ talent of both ROR and tarasenko have NEVER in their career been a ppg player... piets, parayko.. yea great players. But St Louis is the worst team in the last decade plus to win the Cup.
They are the only team to win the cup in the last 80 years without a HOF forward in their prime or one of the greatest goalies of all time.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Hossa was a 80 pt winger in the dead puck era and a 100 pt winger in the same type of environment that Stone has been a 60-70 pt guy in the last two years. He ain't close to Marian Hossa and tbh, he is far closer to Schenn and Schwartz than Hossa.

The whole argument with Vegas is they are good at possession and not delivering. They are basically St. Louis without the elite talent of Tarasenko, ROR, Parayako and Piets like I said.

Stone is as good as any individual player St. Louis had last season. He's the best defensive winger in the league and still capable of 70+ points. The only reason he hasn't done that the past 3 years in a row is due to injury.

The one area St. Louis is better, IMO, is down the middle. O'Reilly/Schenn/Bozak/Sundqvist is superior to Karlsson/Stastny/Stephenson/Roy. But I'd argue Vegas is more talented on the wing.

On defense I think St. Louis was better. Theodore's the only guy on Pietrangelo/Parayko's level.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Stone is as good as any individual player St. Louis had last season. He's the best defensive winger in the league and still capable of 70+ points. The only reason he hasn't done that the past 3 years in a row is due to injury.

The one area St. Louis is better, IMO, is down the middle. O'Reilly/Schenn/Bozak/Sundqvist is superior to Karlsson/Stastny/Stephenson/Roy. But I'd argue Vegas is more talented on the wing.

On defense I think St. Louis was better. Theodore's the only guy on Pietrangelo/Parayko's level.

He ain’t though. Mark Stone has never been a top three winger in the league. Tarasenko has.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
You look at Perry and you have to see how much he's actually doing for the Stars. And for all those people who want rid of Hornqvist.. i ask they look at Perry right now. Once a net front guy has a few injuries that doesn't mean they are done forever.

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
You look at Perry and you have to see how much he's actually doing for the Stars. And for all those people who want rid of Hornqvist.. i ask they look at Perry right now. Once a net front guy has a few injuries that doesn't mean they are done forever.

He looked like ass to start the series and was getting owned/knocked around. But you can't teach experience.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
HAHAHAHAAHHAHA....

How’s your boy Lehner now, Pete.

Pete DeBoer in short time, alienated his starter, sacked his teams offensive talent, and just got owned 4-1 series.

What a muppet.

Reactions: BHD
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad