OT: Around the NHL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Tampa loses this series and we'll see another coaching vacancy.

Can't boast that depth and lose to the Bruins.

the Bruins were in the SCF last year, they are very good and have very good depth too and they probably have a better overall defense, even though TB has Hedman...no shame in losing to them, although I’m hoping Tampa can win the series

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Not much left to change outside of that, as they've been tinkering everywhere else for years.
Yeah, Bruins are literally a one line threat. Occasionally a depth player or two might score but that top line is the straw that stirs that turd Collins of a drink in Boston.

Tampas biggest story was their depth and that "Gnat line" and all they can show is 1 goal against the Bs backup.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
the Bruins were in the SCF last year, they are very good and have very good depth too and they probably have a better overall defense, even though TB has Hedman...no shame in losing to them, although I’m hoping Tampa can win the series
They are coached very well. Very very well.

Bruins always have the blue collar work ethic feel. Tampa has the arrogance that the President trophy winning caps always had.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Yeah, Bruins are literally a one line threat. Occasionally a depth player or two might score but that top line is the straw that stirs that turd Collins of a drink in Boston.

Tampas biggest story was their depth and that "Gnat line" and all they can show is 1 goal against the Bs backup.

Not having almost 10M in cap hits playing tonight doesn't help, but yeah there's something with this Tampa team where the whole seems to be less than the sum of its parts.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Not having almost 10M in cap hits playing tonight doesn't help, but yeah there's something with this Tampa team where the whole seems to be less than the sum of its parts.
Bs don't have Rask.
Tampa as usual, doesn't have Stamkos.

Reactions: KIRK

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Nucks look like they have no ******** idea what just hit them.

Only down 1-0 . . . will be interesting to see how they respond in the 2nd.

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
They are coached very well. Very very well.

Bruins always have the blue collar work ethic feel. Tampa has the arrogance that the President trophy winning caps always had.

I find TB overrated, have for a few years. They have not won anything and every year they are the "team" to beat because they got skill out of their asses and a top flight goalie.

Reactions: Honour Over Glory

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
True, but Tampa doesn't have a Halak type to replace Stamkos.

And, I say that still thinking Stamkos wouldn't change the eventual outcome . . .
Tampa needs to move on from Stamkos, to be honest. They have this issue with him every year it seems and his cap being off the books would relieve so much of their issues going forward to not having to move Killorn and another to sign Sergachev, Cirelli, and even Cernak (he should get a decent raise).
Nucks look like they have no ******** idea what just hit them.

Only down 1-0 . . . will be interesting to see how they respond in the 2nd.
I love it.

Reactions: KIRK

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I find TB overrated, have for a few years. They have not won anything and every year they are the "team" to beat because they got skill out of their asses and a top flight goalie.
Because to me, they play like they need Stamkos in the line-up and so their whole make-up when he's missing is playing like they're missing a huge puzzle, when really - Kucherov, Point, Killorn, Cirelli, etc have far more intriguing depth to their game than Stamkos does.

I think the moment they move on from Stamkos and really figure out their depth, they'll win it all.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
I wish the Pens had Hedman’s shot on the PP instead of the muffins our players throw out

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I wish the Pens had Hedman’s shot on the PP instead of the muffins our players throw out
Pens issue is they play the pass pass pass pass and shoot game when it's the worse possible shooting lane left open from the point.

Most teams know this and basically just wait for the Pens to f*** up their own powerplay and then pounce. Which drives all of us nuts.

Reactions: Giskard and Andy99

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
Vegas' blueline is sketchy, but as long as they bend but don't break, that team is scary as Hell. Offensive pressure and depth like crazy. Reminds me a bit of the 2017 Penguins team. They play fast and aggressive as Hell, and while their blueline is worrisome, as long as they don't implode the forwards are more than capable of carrying that team to wins.

Reactions: Ignatius

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
It's crazy how Marchessault literally came out of nowhere, stints in Columbus and Tampa and then in Florida just explodes into a 50+ pt guy and hasn't looked back at all since for 4 seasons straight and counting.

He's gotta be, right now, the best undrafted player currently in the NHL.
Vegas' blueline is sketchy, but as long as they bend but don't break, that team is scary as Hell. Offensive pressure and depth like crazy. Reminds me a bit of the 2017 Penguins team. They play fast and aggressive as Hell, and while their blueline is worrisome, as long as they don't implode the forwards are more than capable of carrying that team to wins.
VGK's defense plays well as a unit, reminds me of the hodge-podge group of defensemen the Pens had when Letang was out and how they all picked up the slack, the VGK play like that on D all the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad