Around the NHL

Status
Not open for further replies.

rangerfan_79

Jun 1, 2007
justanfyi.com
The wings should hold their spot as last in the league. I tried watching them tonight but they make us look like a playoff team.
I still think we finish bottom 3 behind wings & yotes (maybe Galchenyuk gives them a spark). I think the panthers and oilers start stringing some wins to leave us in the dust.

Some key players going down to injury around the league recently might prompt some trading soon.

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
It should be a real dogfight with Detroit for worst team in the league. They are absolute shit. Gonna be hard to out tank them, because we at least have a good goalie.

Reactions: YearOfTheCat

Jayan

NYR fanatic
Jul 6, 2012
And since when is a rookie considered a star player? Elias has accomplished nothing at the NHL level yet.

Hes been carrying nucks as a Rookie ang got awarded SHL MVP last season for basicly solo carrying his team to win it all.

In Sweden hes considered the new P. Forsberg

Blue Blooded

Most people rejected his message
Oct 25, 2010
Stockholm
Hes been carrying nucks as a Rookie ang got awarded SHL MVP last season for basicly solo carrying his team to win it all.

In Sweden hes considered the new P. Forsberg
Which is a weird comparsion TBH, the new Magic is a better one considering playing styles.

Speaking of Magic, can you imagine a time where a team trades their top scorer, who has led the team in PPG every season and led the team in scoring every season bar one, coming off a 99-point season (17th in the league) in his 28-year old season - for two 2nds AND give up a 3rd in the trade? I guess it's not too dissimilar from the Kessel trade to the Pens, but Kessel was coming off a significantly worse season, the Leafs were in a completely different position to the Flames at the time (rebuilding vs top-5 team in the league) AND the Leafs got a lot more than two 2nds in that trade.

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
Finishing 31st doesn't guarantee the 1st pick overall. Detroit has so many injuries on D. Kronwall just returned and they still have Daley, Green and Ericsson on IR. DeKeyser is also injured.

The Rangers have been healthy so far this season.

Just finish in the top 4-5 and see what happens.

BBKers

Jan 9, 2006
Bialystok, Poland
Finishing 31st doesn't guarantee the 1st pick overall. Detroit has so many injuries on D. Kronwall just returned and they still have Daley, Green and Ericsson on IR. DeKeyser is also injured.

Top? I believe you meant bottom...

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011

And? It still gives you the best chance

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC
It..........gives you the best odds?

Are we really to the part of the show where you're gonna argue that the odds are bullshit and you know which spot is best to finish in order to land the 1st overall?

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
Finishing last statistically has the best odds at 1OA. This isn't arguable. You cannot use history to disprove this because that's just not how that works.

Having best odds != guaranteed pick at first overall

Plenty of times the best odds haven't won in a lot of things in life, but that doesn't take away the fact that they are the best odds.

It does guarantee a Top 4 selection

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
The Rangers have some key pieces that will be dealt at the deadline. Not every bottom-feeder team has that same thing going for them. That will hinder their last 20-25 games

darko

Feb 16, 2009
Can't see us finishing last. Yotes can't score and for all their talent neither can Oilers. Also Wings are really bad, like near impossible to watch type bad.

broadwayblue

Mar 4, 2004
NYC
Finishing 31st doesn't guarantee the 1st pick overall.

Yeah, many people seem to think it's a lock or near lock. Actually the odds are against the worst team from picking 1st overall. They only have an 18.5% chance, so less than 1 in 5. That's far from great. The only great odds are that they are guaranteed a top 4 pick.

Anyway, give me a top 3 pick and I'll be happy. That should get us a guy we can build around.

Reactions: Richard Banger

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Yeah, many people seem to think it's a lock or near lock. Actually the odds are against the worst team from picking 1st overall. They only have an 18.5% chance, so less than 1 in 5. That's far from great. The only great odds are that they are guaranteed a top 4 pick.

Anyway, give me a top 3 pick and I'll be happy. That should get us a guy we can build around.

I haven't seen anyone claim this. RB is pointing out something that isn't even part of the debate.

Reactions: mike14

broadwayblue

Mar 4, 2004
NYC
Who are these people? Because here, everyone is aware that there's a draft lottery

Not going to argue with you. I've been around long enough to know that a lot of people don't understand how the lottery works. While the reality is the worst team has the best odds, those odds are low enough that the likelihood is that a team who finished higher in the standings is expected to end up with the first pick. Maybe everyone in this forum gets that...but a lot of people don't.

Reactions: Richard Banger

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
Every couple of days like clockwork I have to read a page long "discussion" about whether or not being last in the league guarantees you 1st overall pick or what hte odds or whatever cmon people we've been over all of this multiple times.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
What are the odds of team finishing last picking first? It should be 50% IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->