News Article: Around the NHL

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
Calgary family banned from buying Golden Knights season tickets

I have no problem with the Knights doing this.

The family was told if they wanted to resell the tickets not used use this company--but they did not--meaning they were trying to make money of the tickets--plain and simple. Also, one thing that stood out to me "we went to about 1/2 the games" they do not give the number of games friends and family went to. My guess if they gave the actual number the Knights would produce evidence of both regular season and playoff games that they resold.

I would love to see more teams be proactive to keep tickets off of secondary site that charge and arm and a leg for the tickets

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
I think Silfverberg could be available. Not sure how to make that work cap wise but if the hold up with not being able to decide what to do with Nosek, Carpenter, and Lindberg is that they're helpful defensively, Silf could be a great third line option.

Marchy-W. B. -Smith
Patch-Stastny-Tuch
Pirri-Eakin-Silfverberg
Carrier-Bellemare-Reaves

Maybe just wishful thinking on my part.

Boris Zubov

No relation to Sergei, Joe
May 6, 2016
Back on the east coast
I think Silfverberg could be available. Not sure how to make that work cap wise but if the hold up with not being able to decide what to do with Nosek, Carpenter, and Lindberg is that they're helpful defensively, Silf could be a great third line option.

Marchy-W. B. -Smith
Patch-Stastny-Tuch
Pirri-Eakin-Silfverberg
Carrier-Bellemare-Reaves

Maybe just wishful thinking on my part.

I like the move for us, but I can't see Anaheim trading him in the division to a team they are trying to catch in the standings. Plus whom would we be giving up?

Regardless, it's more important for us to upgrade the backend. D is our obvious weak link & hopefully McPhee agrees.

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
I like the move for us, but I can't see Anaheim trading him in the division to a team they are trying to catch in the standings. Plus whom would we be giving up?

Regardless, it's more important for us to upgrade the backend. D is our obvious weak link & hopefully McPhee agrees.
How seriously can they tqke their defensive woes when they pair the two biggest liabilities?

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas

Murray is an idiot if he thinks that moves like Cogliano for Shore and not firing Carlyle will save their season. If he has even a quarter of a brain he'll realize he needs to be a seller.

BattleBorn

50% to winning as many division titles as Toronto
Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
Murray is an idiot if he thinks that moves like Cogliano for Shore and not firing Carlyle will save their season. If he has even a quarter of a brain he'll realize he needs to be a seller.
Eh.

He might have a coach in mind, and sticking with your roster and coach while your team "doesn't suck" might make someone feel a little better about going there.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Eh.

He might have a coach in mind, and sticking with your roster and coach while your team "doesn't suck" might make someone feel a little better about going there.
New coach or not, Anaheim is either not going to the playoffs or will and will be a disaster once again.

BattleBorn

Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
New coach or not, Anaheim is either not going to the playoffs or will and will be a disaster once again.
If you know that, I'm sure he does.

Why make a move now when you can make the same moves later and have a good coach? Silferberg is the only future rental on the team, I assume he'll get dealt for something. Outside of that nothing changes for the Ducks with a coaching change other than making less knowledgeable Duck fans feel like something's happening.

This season is what it is, don't make it worse making short term decisions. Murray must know he's safe and doesn't need to make a stupid move to show he knows how to GM. I think that's a good thing for Anaheim.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
If you know that, I'm sure he does.

Why make a move now when you can make the same moves later and have a good coach? Silferberg is the only future rental on the team, I assume he'll get dealt for something. Outside of that nothing changes for the Ducks with a coaching change other than making less knowledgeable Duck fans feel like something's happening.

This season is what it is, don't make it worse making short term decisions. Murray must know he's safe and doesn't need to make a stupid move to show he knows how to GM. I think that's a good thing for Anaheim.
I never said make a move now. And I fundamentally disagree with the idea that short term changes shouldn't be made now because getting Carlyle away from the club is something that absolutely has to happen. One way or another, either by retooling or rebuilding, there will have to be a changing of the guard in Anaheim. Kesler and Perry were done and Getzlaf is joining them. There is no more deep playoff runs for at least a few years.

Anaheim is coached by a man with outdated strategies, outdated game preparation, and a culture and relationship with his players that has ended in disastrous failures with the same team TWICE. If they want any chance of their next generation of players to be competitive, the culture needs to change before it becomes Edmonton level pervasive.

BattleBorn

Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
I never said make a move now. And I fundamentally disagree with the idea that short term changes shouldn't be made now because getting Carlyle away from the club is something that absolutely has to happen. One way or another, either by retooling or rebuilding, there will have to be a changing of the guard in Anaheim. Kesler and Perry were done and Getzlaf is joining them. There is no more deep playoff runs for at least a few years.

Anaheim is coached by a man with outdated strategies, outdated game preparation, and a culture and relationship with his players that has ended in disastrous failures with the same team TWICE. If they want any chance of their next generation of players to be competitive, the culture needs to change before it becomes Edmonton level pervasive.
My whole premise is that nothing can change this year that will impact the Ducks other than making stupid moves.

It's not like Carlyle is a dude that doesn't know how to coach a team, he's just not great at it. He's not overly player friendly or the opposite, from what I've heard. Hell, even if he's a little tougher that he should be, it makes the next guy better.

The whole idea is that replacing him with an interim isn't going to help, especially since Hitch doesn't need a job right now. So just ride it out and hope it brings the team together.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
My whole premise is that nothing can change this year that will impact the Ducks other than making stupid moves.

It's not like Carlyle is a dude that doesn't know how to coach a team, he's just not great at it. He's not overly player friendly or the opposite, from what I've heard. Hell, even if he's a little tougher that he should be, it makes the next guy better.

The whole idea is that replacing him with an interim isn't going to help, especially since Hitch doesn't need a job right now. So just ride it out and hope it brings the team together.
Carlyle doesn't deserve that benefit. After the first round embarrassment, what Ducks fans were told was that Carlyle wouldn't be fired but he would be given the mandate to make his team faster, better defensively, and harder working. He's failed on all three counts all season long. Anaheim needing John Gibson to cover how bad they are isn't new. They sucked last year too. They just suck even worse now.

In any event, Murray said his first step will be to make changes in the roster. He's already done that with today's trade. And if I've learned anything about Bob Murray it's that he doesn't stop at one trade. He'll make more. Even if they're small.

BattleBorn

Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
Carlyle doesn't deserve that benefit. After the first round embarrassment, what Ducks fans were told was that Carlyle wouldn't be fired but he would be given the mandate to make his team faster, better defensively, and harder working. He's failed on all three counts all season long. Anaheim needing John Gibson to cover how bad they are isn't new. They sucked last year too. They just suck even worse now.

In any event, Murray said his first step will be to make changes in the roster. He's already done that with today's trade. And if I've learned anything about Bob Murray it's that he doesn't stop at one trade. He'll make more. Even if they're small.
If you knew you were getting Quenneville, and I'm not even sure you'd like him, what moves would you make?

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Is it just me, or have most of the teams in the NHL slowed down after November? I don't mean standings-wise, I mean the pace has literally slowed down most nights.

It seemed as if a lot of teams tried to emulate the Knights' team speed of last year, but after the Christmas break we're actually getting similar hockey to 2017. Hell, there were a lot of nights VGK couldn't keep up with the pace of some games early on. Teams were absolutely flying in October.

Vegas07

Dec 6, 2018
Hey, the Sharks and Flames finally lost a game. :vhappy:

Calgary did get a point in OT but I’m used to those teams getting 2 points every time they play.

Reactions: Nevada Jones

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
If you knew you were getting Quenneville, and I'm not even sure you'd like him, what moves would you make?

I think I could see that move benefiting both the team and coach. Anaheim really only needs a better coach and a solid 2C. If they get a high pick that could help their top six and they could be set to be a good team.

Reactions: BattleBorn

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->