News Article: Around the NHL

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
Only 3 points ahead. Only Calgary has been able to take advantage of the Pacific's lackluster start.

The only Pacific team the Flames have played is Vancouver twice, and they split with them. They also split with Nashville, and have a good win against Colorado. They have a win against Boston, but Boston doesn't look quite like the same team it was last year.

The true hierarchy of Pacific won't shake out until many more divisional games are played. Vegas has Vancouver tomorrow night and Anaheim at home again on 11/14, and then Schmidt is back before we are on the road @ Calgary. Hopefully, Tuch will be back in by then and Stastny will be in or close.

If you line up Vegas's games so far this year with same matchup home or away last year, we're 2 points behind last year so far. Vancouver and Ottawa are both improved teams, and Tampa Bay is Tampa Bay....This next three game stretch will tell us a lot about whether Vegas has found its forechecking game again (I think it has, but I might be slightly biased).

Last edited:

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
Marco coached German national team to respectability and a good finish at World Champsionships in the spring.

NHL coaching is a different animal all together.

This adds to Sharks' alumni impressive count around North America.

hangman005

Face for Radio, Voice for Silent Movies
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
Nylander and Toronto wait until the very very very last second to make a deal

I believe it was 6 x 6.9 AAV

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
Deadline was 2pm PT. (aka 5pm ET).

1:57pm Dreger announces. (So, probably finished within the last hour)

So stupid really as those were $$s that they started out near.

Reactions: Boris Zubov

hangman005

Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
So Vancouver place Brendan Leipsic on waivers.... GMGM *cough splutter splutter wink wink* you know you want too and much more importantly you know I want you to.

Reactions: Nevada Jones

hangman005

Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
Not the NHL but congrats to the Hershey Bears for breaking the World Record in the Teddy Bear Toss

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->