News Article: Around the NHL

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
That team has been on some roller coaster ride this season. Any word on who the interim coach will be?

All coaches except Boughner and video guy gone. Boughner interim HC. Associate coach Roy Sommer, assistant coaches Mike Ricci and Evgeni Nabokov.

AHL have two assistants and their video guy behind the bench for now.

Vegas07

Dec 6, 2018
Sharks have been on the biggest roller coaster ride. So has our team to a lesser extent. Calgary has won 7 in a row and is in a tie for 2nd with Edmonton, who has lost 3 in a row. I didn’t realize the Coyotes are in 1st but they have been the steadiest team so far.

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
Sharks have been on the biggest roller coaster ride. So has our team to a lesser extent. Calgary has won 7 in a row and is in a tie for 2nd with Edmonton, who has lost 3 in a row. I didn’t realize the Coyotes are in 1st but they have been the steadiest team so far.
They weren't in first until last night.

Vegas07

Dec 6, 2018
They weren't in first until last night.

Guess it was inevitable the way Edmonton has played unless they can turn it up. After winning their first 5 games, the Oilers are 13-12-4 since then and people are really doubting them. And the goal differential for the entire season (including the games in the 5 game winning streak) is at zero while the Coyotes are at +14.

It’s about time Calgary lost.

Vegas07

Dec 6, 2018
Wow. Oilers lost 4-1 and have dropped 4 straight. Goal differential is -3 and they are 13-13-4 since opening the season with a winning streak.

With the Flames and Oilers both losing we can jump ahead of both of them into 2nd with a win tomorrow.

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
Coyotes follow up questionable Kessel acquisition with a questionable Hall acquisition.

I think they paid too much, I see Hall as fool's gold as far as star players go and am not that concerned about the trade.

Reactions: CupInSIX

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
Coyotes follow up questionable Kessel acquisition with a questionable Hall acquisition.

I think they paid too much, I see Hall as fool's gold as far as star players go and am not that concerned about the trade.
3 B prospects and a 1st is pretty eh.

Not sure if he will fit in Arizona and their playstyle. Feels like a panic move by Chayka.

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
3 B prospects and a 1st is pretty eh.

Not sure if he will fit in Arizona and their playstyle. Feels like a panic move by Chayka.

I would rather have Stone on the team than Hall and we paid way less for 8 1/2 years than they are for 1/2 year of Hall.

He gets injured and even when not injured he's the prototypical put up points but not much help besides that winger. I don't think he is the type of player you win with considering how much he will cost even in the unlikely event they convince him to re-sign (and give up another 1st.)

I understand it though. They need to give their fans reasons to come to the games. A playoff appearance (maybe winning a round) and the chance to see a big name might increase ticket sales for the year.

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
I would rather have Stone on the team than Hall and we paid way less for 8 1/2 years than they are for 1/2 year of Hall.

He gets injured and even when not injured he's the prototypical put up points but not much help besides that winger. I don't think he is the type of player you win with considering how much he will cost even in the unlikely event they convince him to re-sign (and give up another 1st.)

I understand it though. They need to give their fans reasons to come to the games. A playoff appearance (maybe winning a round) and the chance to see a big name might increase ticket sales for the year.
We paid a prime prospect for Stone. Yotes paid 3 prospects who are projected to be depth guys if they even make the NHL, and a late 1st. We paid more than they did, I'd happily replace Branny in that trade with Bouchard, Whitecloud, Kolesar, & a 1st.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
We paid a prime prospect for Stone. Yotes paid 3 prospects who are projected to be depth guys if they even make the NHL, and a late 1st. We paid more than they did, I'd happily replace Branny in that trade with Bouchard, Whitecloud, Kolesar, & a 1st.

Woah woah woah. Let's not say things we can't take back. Losing Brannstrom was hard enough.
Also Scooter fell to us with that 1st. Like a cherub with wings of wax and a cut ACL.

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017

We also made the trade after having worked out terms for a long term contract for Stone. I don't think the two trades are comparable at all. Plus, I personally think we got the better overall winger.

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
We also made the trade after having worked out terms for a long term contract for Stone. I don't think the two trades are comparable at all. Plus, I personally think we got the better overall winger.
Well, NJ also gets a conditional pick dependent on extending Hall, and winning a playoffs series. Since we only extended and didn't win a series, the conditional pick would be a 2nd this year. No biggie as we have 2.

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
Woah woah woah. Let's not say things we can't take back. Losing Brannstrom was hard enough.
Also Scooter fell to us with that 1st. Like a cherub with wings of wax and a cut ACL.
Keegan's an RW. Unless he switches sides he's doomed in Vegas. And even if he did it would be looking rough for him on the left side too.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013

Are you really comparing the Hall and Stone trades.

Stone came with an extension.

Hall is most likely going to hit free agency.

Of f***ing course the Devils will get less.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->