News Article: Around the NHL

Brazen331

Jul 18, 2018
He just hasn't been the same player since Jan 2018. He was a scoring machine until that hand/wrist injury, then he seemed to be in a fog after getting his bell rung by Byfuglien.

Perron bounced back from his concussion, even talked about potentially retiring last season before he won the Cup.

It’s possible Neal just got too old too fast. It could be he had a down year; it could be he no longer possesses the skills to get into position to deliver that shot.

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
It’s possible Neal just got too old too fast. It could be he had a down year; it could be he no longer possesses the skills to get into position to deliver that shot.
Skills are something that are not lost. The physical strength, speed, and dexterity to execute those skills can be lost.

Neal looked even more disinterested in Calgary than he did here.....the Oil could be a good move fro him.

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
Skills are something that are not lost. The physical strength, speed, and dexterity to execute those skills can be lost.

Neal looked even more disinterested in Calgary than he did here.....the Oil could be a good move fro him.

Skills can go with age and you described how it happens. This is a precision business and the inability to execute even a bit can cause major declines. If you can no longer execute your skills, they're lost, you don't have them anymore. You aren't as skilled as you were. Neal could do better with McDavid or he could be too slow to keep up and lack the precision to properly take advantage of that. Even if he is interested he could struggle to keep up and be a drag on McDavid.

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
While today is nominally the deadline for the NHLPA to elect to end the CBA two years early in 2020 (rather than 2022), as it falls on a Sunday, they will be making a decision tomorrow (and get in another day of negotiations with NHL).

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Gusev looks pretty good for NJ tonight, but Hughes is downright electrifying.

edit: Gusev Hughes Subban in OT, and they make short work of it.

Last edited:

Giddens

Feb 18, 2007
It looks like Nick Suzuki will start the season in Montreal after an impressive training camp.

hangman005

Mark Stones Spleen
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
I can't believe that Tampa only in 3 shots in the final 45 minutes... and that it went to over time. Sad but still Good to see Haula doing well so far this season.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Need to start charging to develop players & send em back. IE. Vegas will turn your bum into a high end player for the low low cost of a 3rd round pick. Your player will be returned to you in a year for future considerations, revitalized and full of piss and vinegar.

Insert PED joke here.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Sign Yakupov. Get Daigle out of retirement. Bring in Puljujarvi. In JUST ONE summer and JUST ONE training camp, these players will be TRANSFORMED into high energy, dynamic winners using the Gallant Pyramid System of Success. How does it work? Gerard and his staff work with you to discover your hockey chi chakras and release the ultimate in peak performance. "Strike hard, strike first, no mercy!"

Not guaranteed to work in all situations. Money back guarantee subject to a 99% chakra fee and 1% chi fee. Vegas Golden Knights are not liable in the event of severe Shark-enduced choking.

Reactions: TK 421

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
I can't believe that Tampa only in 3 shots in the final 45 minutes... and that it went to over time. Sad but still Good to see Haula doing well so far this season.

It sort of feels bad because last playoffs, if the call doesn't happen and we could have added Haula to the forward in that playoffs...I feel even more we had a great playoff run taken from us.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad