News Article: Around the NHL

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
Coyotes will have a quick exit if they make the playoffs.

That is unless Kuemper can stand on his head.

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
San Jose is picking a good time to implode.

Would be fantastic if we could catch them for the 2 seed in the Pacific.

Would be nice, if we do we do but let’s not hurt ourselves to get there

Let's see. This week.... 2-time Norris winner out injured. Captain, key center, out injured. Top center out with flu. Plus losing rookie defenseman for 6 months.

20 seasons of playoff experience and going again.

Take San Jose lightly at your peril.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
Let's see. This week.... 2-time Norris winner out injured. Captain, key center, out injured. Top center out with flu. Plus losing rookie defenseman for 6 months.

Sharks better hope they get better goaltending for the playoffs. Jones and his .898 save percentage is just not going to cut it.

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017

"Every team deals with injuries. It is no excuse...." (paraphrased)

willy702

Jul 3, 2016
Would be fantastic if we could catch them for the 2 seed in the Pacific.

If you think home ice matters that much. Not worth chasing, if it gets handed to you so be it. First is only real prize this year and even that has only so much value.

Boris Zubov

No relation to Sergei, Joe
May 6, 2016
Back on the east coast
If you think home ice matters that much. Not worth chasing, if it gets handed to you so be it. First is only real prize this year and even that has only so much value.

We've won 9 out of 10 or 10 out of 11, so I wouldn't necessarily call it chasing. If it happens, great...if not, it's not the end of the world.

I do, however, think home ice is a big deal mentally. For both our team, & even more so for any team that would have to come in here & open up a series on the road. Especially for the Sharks, knowing they had a big lead on the 2 seed. You'd have to imagine traveling here for Game 1 would be a huge letdown for them.

Aurinko

Apr 1, 2015
Finland
upload_2019-3-23_21-25-2.png

With only 7-8 games left, there is very little left to speculate.

Looking at the huge goal differentials, it would seem that the winner of our matchup will get to play fresh Calgary team in the 2nd round.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
View attachment 203699

With only 7-8 games left, there is very little left to speculate.

Looking at the huge goal differentials, it would seem that the winner of our matchup will get to play fresh Calgary team in the 2nd round.
I'm not that scared of either of them. I mean I'm not thinking it will be a walk in the park but San Jose is a disaster right now and Calgary hasn't convinced me of anything.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
Position is secure, team is gelling. Time to rest Flower. My guess is he gets two more starts to end the RS.

Until i see an x next to the Knights name, their position is not secure.

It is still mathematically possible that the Knights miss the playoffs. Not saying that it is going to happen, just saying it is still possible.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Until i see an x next to the Knights name, their position is not secure.

It is still mathematically possible that the Knights miss the playoffs. Not saying that it is going to happen, just saying it is still possible.
I mean if we lost every game...maybe. (if we went 0-9-0 we'd still have a 56% chance to make it)

We could clinch tonight if we win and all three of the Avalanche, Wild, and Coyotes lose. Pretty unlikely but it shows how close we are.

Missing the playoffs is as likely as James Neal scoring three goals per game in the playoffs

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
I mean if we lost every game...maybe. (if we went 0-9-0 we'd still have a 56% chance to make it)

We could clinch tonight if we win and all three of the Avalanche, Wild, and Coyotes lose. Pretty unlikely but it shows how close we are.

Missing the playoffs is as likely as James Neal scoring three goals per game in the playoffs
I like how you wrote that half an hour before Avs won their game lol.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad