Around the NHL

Status
Not open for further replies.

haseoke39

Mar 29, 2011
I'd rather just stay the course. Wait one year and build around a superstar. Rebuild ain't broke, don't fix it.

JLewyB

May 6, 2013
Pegulaville
there's no point in trading for a young elite talent if we have to pay him properly. I would rather have have my first round pick at three years of 950,000 over R. Jo at 7million+.

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything
Dang, looks the Wang may have finally sold. Fo realz this time.

Mystery group now known. Wang sells Isles to John Ledecky & Scott Malkin, pending NHL approval. Sale reportedly happened Aug 1.

I am willing to be a real ownership group (and front office) might blast that pick out of the top 10. :cry:

haseoke39

Mar 29, 2011
I doubt the sale is going to impact operations this coming season. There's not enough time to really milk FA, and the team should be a seller at the deadline. I think you've got what you've got for the coming season.

It's good news for the whole NHL. We don't need black eye owners anymore than they do.

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything
@StapeNewsday: Ledecky and Malkin will hold a minority interest in #Isles for next two years and then assume majority control, per agreement.

farnsworth%20good%20news.jpg

haseoke39

Mar 29, 2011

Wet dream: Wang realizes he's got his sucker to take the franchise, he gets two years of profit off the team, he doesn't give a **** what condition he leaves the team in - sell everyone. Let's drop as far as the salary floor will allow and make an extra $10M over what he expected. Trades Tavares for picks.

Clock

May 13, 2006
That's awesome news for Isles fans. I think they deserve a little hope. After this next season.

26CornerBlitz

Sponsor
Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey
2014 NHL preseason begins Sunday, Sept. 21: http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=728673&navid=DL|NHL|home

The National Hockey League announced today the composite schedule for the 2014 preseason, which opens on Sunday, Sept. 21.

Highlighting the 15-day, 105-game slate is the 2014 Kraft Hockeyville game from Sylvan Lake, Alta., on Wednesday, Sept. 24. The people of Sylvan Lake, winners of the Canada-wide Kraft Hockeyville competition, will celebrate the grand prize when the Arizona Coyotes and Calgary Flames visit their community and face off at the Sylvan Lake Multiplex. The game will be broadcast live on CBC in Canada and NHL Network in the United States at 7 p.m., ET/5 p.m., MT.

Preseason games also are scheduled in Bridgeport, Conn. (Boston vs. NY Islanders, Oct. 3); Brooklyn, N.Y. (New Jersey vs. NY Islanders, Sept. 26); Colorado Springs, Colo. (Colorado vs. Los Angeles, Oct. 2); Kansas City, Mo. (Dallas vs. St. Louis, Sept. 27); Las Vegas, Nev. (Colorado vs. Los Angeles, Oct. 4); London, Ont. (Philadelphia vs. Toronto, Sept. 22); Quebec City, Que. (Colorado vs. Montreal, Sept. 26); St. John's, Nfld. (NY Islanders vs. Ottawa split-squad doubleheader, Sept. 22); Saskatoon, Sask. (Chicago vs. Edmonton, Sept. 28) and Stockton, Calif. (San Jose vs. Vancouver, Sept. 23).

omglolnub

Jun 21, 2011
Los Angeles, CA
MacArthur 5 yrs / 4.65 per

I know he's gotten better, but isn't he really still just a 2nd/3rd liner hitting those projections from when he was a young scrub for the Sabres back in the day?

Jeez, for a penny pinching owner in Ottawa, that much money for that player is a head scratcher to me

struckbyaparkedcar

Guilty of Being Right
Mar 1, 2008
Upstate NY
He's developed something of a two way game since heading to Ottawa, he and Turris handle a decent chunk of their workload. And its as much keeping chemistry in place for 5 years as they work the kids in as anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad