Around the NHL

Status
Not open for further replies.

jBuds

pretty damn valuable
Apr 9, 2005
Richmond, VA
And all indications/speculation is that he is indeed headed there.

My feeling is that the move is right, but the handling was AWFUL. He has been saying for weeks that he is BC bound. If you're still on the fence and teetering, just stay hush. Misleading isn't fair.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
And all indications/speculation is that he is indeed headed there.

My feeling is that the move is right, but the handling was AWFUL. He has been saying for weeks that he is BC bound. If you're still on the fence and teetering, just stay hush. Misleading isn't fair.

Perhaps Columbus put a big push on recently?

You never know what is going on behind the scenes.

Edit:

http://bluejacketsxtra.dispatch.com/content/blogs/puck-rakers/2014/08/milano-headed-to-plymouth.html

OK, so much for that idea....

Last edited:

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
I mean, the team is going to be pretty bad, and Burmi would probably be an upgrade, that being said, i think we're going to go with pretty much what we have for now.

Huh?

He's in the KHL for 2014-15. This is for 2015-16.

I'm just wondering where he would fit if the Sabres still have Ennis, Reinhart, Grigensons, Grigorenko, Larsson, and possibly McDavid or Eichel.

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
@SNHockeyCentral: Maple Leafs sign 2014 first-round draft pick William Nylander to a three-year entry-level contract.

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything
I wonder how many teams out there want to help Columbus out like that?

An offersheet of 4 years, 28 million taking him to UFA isn't really helping them. It takes their last opportunity to lock him up as a RFA away and pays him 2-3 million more a year than they want to.

if a 3 year, 16 million dollar deal would get this done, they are being stupidly stubborn and daring him to go find an offersheet.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Gotta think the longer he's sitting out there, the more teams start considering an offersheet. Worst case scenario, Columbus matches and overpays him.

It also brings into question if a team with a lot of prospects and draft picks would have any interest in someone like him, using some of that pipeline of prospect riches to pry him out of Columbus.

SnuggaRUDE

Apr 5, 2013
It also brings into question if a team with a lot of prospects and draft picks would have any interest in someone like him, using some of that pipeline of prospect riches to pry him out of Columbus.

Is there a team besides Tampa which fits that profile?

SnuggaRUDE

Apr 5, 2013
Well.... consider what board you are on. :D

Trrrrrrue

But I think Buffalo's draft picks might be more valuable than Tampa's!

The Avs could probably swing an offersheet. And I think they should have given one to Subban, but again they are more looking for defense.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
An offersheet of 4 years, 28 million taking him to UFA isn't really helping them. It takes their last opportunity to lock him up as a RFA away and pays him 2-3 million more a year than they want to.

if a 3 year, 16 million dollar deal would get this done, they are being stupidly stubborn and daring him to go find an offersheet.

You are helping them by bringing the stalemate to an end.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Trrrrrrue

But I think Buffalo's draft picks might be more valuable than Tampa's!

The Avs could probably swing an offersheet. And I think they should have given one to Subban, but again they are more looking for defense.

I am not talking about an offersheet. I'm talking using existing pieces, prospects, and the non-McEichel draft pick(s).

Jame

Sep 4, 2002
Florida
I am not talking about an offersheet. I'm talking using existing pieces, prospects, and the non-McEichel draft pick(s).

i think i'd rather give up the "potential" mceichel pick... rather than the pieces that would be required otherwise (if you think you are getting Johansen without giving up Reinhart... you're crazy... i don't care how many pieces you put together).

i'd go the 4 first rounders/offersheet route... Johansen would probably claw us out of the bottom anyways.

Ennis-Johansen-Stafford
Hodgson-Girgensons-Stewart
Moulson-Reinhart-Gionta

:dunno: 75-80 pts?

SnuggaRUDE

Apr 5, 2013
i think i'd rather give up the "potential" mceichel pick... rather than the pieces that would be required otherwise (if you think you are getting Johansen without giving up Reinhart... you're crazy... i don't care how many pieces you put together).

i'd go the 4 first rounders/offersheet route... Johansen would probably claw us out of the bottom anyways.

Ennis-Johansen-Stafford
Moulson-Reinhart-Gionta

Rumor has it Johansen was only asking for $7M so an OS could be for less than 4 1sts.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation

Ennis-Johansen-Stafford
Moulson-Reinhart-Gionta

Yeah, C-bus is probably going to want either McEichel pick or Rhino. :help: I wonder if they could do a Chinese buffet style offer -- one from column A, one from column B, and two from column C? The idea I had was Hodgson, Isles pick, and then some variety of a Grigorenko/Armia/Compher type prospect. But yeah... C-bus would want serious return on potential.

Jame

Sep 4, 2002
Florida
Rumor has it Johansen was only asking for $7M so an OS could be for less than 4 1sts.

the debate is probably solely around whether you'd give up the Buffalo 1st in 2015 (mceichel)

I would

And I'd go as far as the four 1sts...

I'd make that gamble.

We've done the rebuild right so far... and if we tank on for McEichel... awesome... But we've done so well, so far... that I think i can pass on the "Hope" of landing a generational player who may be the next Sydney Crosby, for the guarantee of a player who is close to solidifying himself as the the next Anze Kopitar...

:dunno:

This season would immediately become a season of "growth", rather than another year of rebuilding...

Johanson would give us the 4 cornerstone pieces in place (IMO Johansen, Reinhart, Ristolainen, Myers)

With a plethora of talent across the spectrum of player types to develop around them

It will never happen though... Columbus would be idiotic to move their franchise player, just as their franchise is becoming respectable

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
the debate is probably solely around whether you'd give up the Buffalo 1st in 2015 (mceichel)

I would

And I'd go as far as the four 1sts...

I'd make that gamble.

We've done the rebuild right so far... and if we tank on for McEichel... awesome... But we've done so well, so far... that I think i can pass on the "Hope" of landing a generational player who may be the next Sydney Crosby, for the guarantee of a player who is close to solidifying himself as the the next Anze Kopitar...

:dunno:

This season would immediately become a season of "growth", rather than another year of rebuilding...

Johanson would give us the 4 cornerstone pieces in place (IMO Johansen, Reinhart, Ristolainen, Myers)

With a plethora of talent across the spectrum of player types to develop around them

It will never happen though... Columbus would be idiotic to move their franchise player, just as their franchise is becoming respectable

I suppose there is always hope, right? :biglaugh: Where is Howson when we need him?

Seriously though, they should be working on defrosting that relationship with their primary difference maker.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->