Around the NHL

Status
Not open for further replies.

LaxSabre

Apr 19, 2006
North Tonawanda, NY
Kenny Albert ‏@KennyAlbert - Here's @martybiron43 getting ready for his first day of "work" with @AlTrautwig @NYRangers @MSGNetworks @TheGarden - pic.twitter.com/1FoFGazEef

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
Wow...

Kadri has thrown 2 (TWO) hits to the head of Wild players tonight... Backstrom ...and somebody else...

Second one he got a 5 minute major...

Shanny better throw the book at him.

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
Millbury just said the Wild need to go after one of Torontos skilled players for retribution ....hahaha.... this f'in guys hypocrisy is unmatched.

kenfury

Feb 5, 2011
So...anyone see what Kadri did to earn a match penalty?

Just perusing the box score and noticed it......

Being a dick. He hit the goalie for a minor and then threw a high hit that lead with his elbow to get the major. Someone put a burr in his saddle.

vcv

Mar 12, 2006
Williamsville, NY
Way worse than the Scott hit.

No kidding. Looks like some elbow. Head principle point of contact. No effort to let up. Drives head into glass. Drives UP with the hit, which is a nono.

So he'll get a fine.

edit: watched other angles, not as bad as it looked from the gif. But he got a LOT of head with that hit.

Last edited:

Havok89

Oct 26, 2010
I miss Pommer :( shows great patience in the shootout to win it for Minny.

dire wolf

immaculate vibes
May 9, 2006
Out in LA
Those Kadri hits were really dirty. Especially the one on Backstrom. I can't believe there wasn't a brawl after the second time. Must be those polite Minnesotans.

dire wolf

immaculate vibes
May 9, 2006
Out in LA
No kidding. Looks like some elbow. Head principle point of contact. No effort to let up. Drives head into glass. Drives UP with the hit, which is a nono.

So he'll get a fine.

edit: watched other angles, not as bad as it looked from the gif. But he got a LOT of head with that hit.

The Backstrom hit looked like a blatantly intentional hit to the head. Dirty, dirty, dirty.

kenfury

Feb 5, 2011
The NHL wheel of justice gave me one game but came very close to just a hockey play.

kenfury

Feb 5, 2011
I'm watching the EMD game and boy had the Oil media turned against him. Unless things change he _will_ be run out of town. Also it is still weird seeing Lindy in Dallas. It feels like seeing an ex with their new SO.

dlonce

Mar 25, 2012
Wow...

Shanny better throw the book at him.

Just an observation, it's not just you.

Today's fan has been brainwashed by the NHL, as has the media.
I see regularly,"this guy should be given x number of games", blah blah.
What the hell is wrong with hockey fans? These hits have always been around,it's part of the game. The p***yfication of the fan today is in full force. The European brand is what the NHL wants and fans are coming around to their side. It is ruining this game.
The game is extremely boring.
This has always been a rough man's sport,this is not supposed to be Ice Capades, but it is now.

Shannahan is a joke, he was as a player and he is today. Seeing kids reference him as though he were some God is pathetic.
Enjoy your game kids.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->