Around the NHL XXXVIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
He's full within his right to do what he did.

But stuff like that generally doesn't happen unless it's made explicitly clear beforehand who ends up where. Wilson already had a deal in place before he traded for Hoffman knowing full well the Sens didn't want Hoffman in their division given the nature of his departure.

It's underhanded and shows a total lack of respect for a peer, even if Dorion is an idiot.

Dorion had talks with Talon about sending Hoffman to Florida. We know this because Talon said Dorion insisted on getting a roster player back, he didn't want picks.

Granted, I don't think Dorion was happy that it took Wilson a mere hours to make Dorion look like a fool. The whole "if Karlsson gets traded back east we get another pick from San Jose" was more of an ego thing than anything else.

Alex1234

Oct 14, 2014
From the highliths over the NHL, pace is so much faster then the Sens game its crazy

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
It’s so early in the season....

San Jose won’t finish bottom 10 lol they have too much talent

Agreed.

And folks tend to forget, older teams generally start out slower. The vets know it's a marathon, not a sprint. Start slow, work your way up, and start hitting the peak zone after the trade deadline...and stay there as long as possible into the playoffs.

Reactions: HSF

Daffy

Jun 10, 2010
If San Jose misses the playoffs that would be massive for us. Even if they are in 15th spot. Just to have another chance at the lottery would be great. Their division is so weak they probably get in but who knows. Their depth is weaker, they lost Pavelski, goaltending is hit or miss, they are getting old. Dont wish for injuries but an injury or two to their key players and it's going to be very tough for them.

Philadelphia Collins

May 31, 2011
Ironic that Ottawa traded Zbad because they (I assume) didn’t want to pay his raise for his next contract, and now he’s a 1C on one of the best contracts in the league making $5.3mil/season until 2022

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
72624285_10157406685557332_8786936637264232448_n.jpg

Nuff said.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
To be fair no one else got 4 points against that defense.
Fair. Not trying to downplay Zibanejad's performance. He's a beast. I'm proud of him. I could see him flirting with 85 points.

Might lowkey get on the Rangers bandwagon this year. I think theyll be fun to follow and NJ-NYR rivalry should be lit.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Not that we’re not beating a dead horse but will never understand why 23 y/o Zibanejad was traded in the first place. What’s 5-6 M$ in the NHL? The salary of a good young player on his RFA years. Want to add a veteran like Brassard? Find another price to pay or wait it out; go for Duchene only when the time is right

Tkachuk-Zibanejad-Stone (would probably be one of the best lines in the NHL)
Dzingel-Duchene-Batherson
Formenton-White/L.Brown-Ryan
C.Brown-Pageau-Ennis

Chabot-Karlsson-Wolanin-Jaros-Zaitsev-Lajoie, D-man for Hoffman.

Ceci : traded for Zaitsev and Brown

Hoffman : just trade him for picks if the situation with EK can’t be resolved or a veteran D-man ala Methot

We could really have had that much talent. Pretty sure it would be much easier for the young players to break into the league with players like Stone around them

Overreaction to a season (2017-18) that went wrong or just a perfect excuse to rebuild? Did we just rebuild because there was a war between the Karlssons and Hoffmans? lol

Usually teams rebuild when their core gets old or they don’t have enough talent. I’m Ottawa’s case it was a financial rebuild, and basically are wasting 5 years as a result

Mingus Dew

Microphone Assassin
Oct 7, 2013
Yeah I can’t fault this team for trading Hoffman. The trade itself was awful but he was never gonna be a Senator again considering what went down.

Mingus Dew

Microphone Assassin
Oct 7, 2013
Not that we’re not beating a dead horse but will never understand why 23 y/o Zibanejad was traded in the first place. What’s 5-6 M$ in the NHL? The salary of a good young player on his RFA years. Want to add a veteran like Brassard? Find another price to pay or wait it out; go for Duchene only when the time is right

Tkachuk-Zibanejad-Stone (would probably be one of the best lines in the NHL)
Dzingel-Duchene-Batherson
Formenton-White/L.Brown-Ryan
C.Brown-Pageau-Ennis

Chabot-Karlsson-Wolanin-Jaros-Zaitsev-Lajoie, D-man for Hoffman.

Ceci : traded for Zaitsev and Brown

Hoffman : just trade him for picks if the situation with EK can’t be resolved or a veteran D-man ala Methot

We could really have had that much talent. Pretty sure it would be much easier for the young players to break into the league with players like Stone around them

Overreaction to a season (2017-18) that went wrong or just a perfect excuse to rebuild? Did we just rebuild because there was a war between the Karlssons and Hoffmans? lol

Usually teams rebuild when their core gets old or they don’t have enough talent. I’m Ottawa’s case it was a financial rebuild, and basically are wasting 5 years as a result

This team has no long term plan. Management is completely reactionary; it’s been like this for years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad