Around the NHL XXXVII

Status
Not open for further replies.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
There's more of an argument for Crosby over Barkov this year, imo. They probably got the nominations right this time around. Now to see if ROR/Stone can beat out Bergeron, or if he'll just be gifted the Selke on reputation.

They should rename the award after Bergeron. ROR & Stone are pretty good defensively too but Bergeron IMO is the best.

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012
Twice removed from the Sens. But if a stretch for an LOL but whatevs

Not saying they would have earned those noms had they still been with us, but man, a lot of talent seems to slip through the fingers of this organization.

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
Not saying they would have earned those noms had they still been with us, but man, a lot of talent seems to slip through the fingers of this organization.

Dzingle-duchene-Stone
Hoffman-zibanejad-foligno

Karlsson-phaneuf?

Bishop
lehner

Not a bad core, had they just kept the team together

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
Radulov is the best UFA signing in like 10+ years

Could make an argument for Bishop too.

Texas' tax rates help, but Nill is a top 3 GM in the league at acquiring talent.

A lot of Stars fans want him gone too. They don't know how lucky they are to have him. Would trade multiple 1sts to swap him with Dorion if we could.

SPF6ty9

Feb 22, 2016
Caca Poopoo Peepee Shire
The Sens are the hockey version of Good luck Chuck.

Hopefully we don't keep following Dane Cook's career-arc after that movie. Silver lining is Lehner likely never would have got the help he needed and become the player / person he is today here. I'm glad it's worked out for him. Bishop when he isn't injured is one hell of a goalie. In fantasy land where they both were still here and got as good as they are, what a tandem it would be!

Could make an argument for Bishop too.

Texas' tax rates help, but Nill is a top 3 GM in the league at acquiring talent.

A lot of Stars fans want him gone too. They don't know how lucky they are to have him. Would trade multiple 1sts to swap him with Dorion if we could.

No more 1st trading, not now! I agree Dorion sucks balls, but the benefit of having Nill would be negated by the handicap of having Melnyk. There's no way we'd pay for Radulov these days had we the chance.

Ouroboros

There is no armour against Fate
Feb 3, 2008
Dzingle-duchene-Stone
Hoffman-zibanejad-foligno

Karlsson-phaneuf?

Bishop
lehner

Not a bad core, had they just kept the team together

Sorensen and Silfverberg on your third line I guess. Not a bad start. You can even put together some depth out of guys like Derek Grant, Stefan Noesen, Alex Chiasson, Curtis Lazar, Nate Thompson, etc. It's not fantastic, but it's sort of interesting to tinker around with.

Ian Cole on defense I suppose. This is where the team gets super weak.

Could look something like this:

Dzingel-Duchene-Stone
Foligno-Zibanejad-Hoffman
Sorensen-Grant-Silfverberg
Noesen-Lazar/Thompson-Chiasson

Cole-Karlsson
Claesson-Phaneuf
?-Wideman

Lehner
Bishop

EDIT: I guess you can't have both Foligno and Methot.

Last edited:

FormentonTheFuture

Sep 29, 2017
Sorensen and Silfverberg on your third line I guess. Not a bad start. You can even put together some depth out of guys like Derek Grant, Stefan Noesen, Alex Chiasson, Curtis Lazar, Nate Thompson, etc. It's not fantastic, but it's sort of interesting to tinker around with.

Ian Cole on defense I suppose. This is where the team gets super weak.

Could look something like this:

Dzingel-Duchene-Stone
Foligno-Zibanejad-Hoffman
Sorensen-Grant-Silfverberg
Noesen-Lazar/Thompson-Chiasson

Cole-Karlsson
Claesson-Phaneuf
?-Wideman

Lehner
Bishop

EDIT: I guess you can't have both Foligno and Methot.
You can't have Cole and zibanejad either. That's where stuff like this falls flat. Too many unknowns

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
He voluntarily wanted to set the record straight and good on him. He clearly understood that it was something that he had to do

Six Assets

Tim Stützle
Jun 29, 2013
Ottawa
Would be nice if stone took clear cut shots at management and ownership rather than making open ended statements. Classy guy and good on him for saying something at least. If I was stone, I'd want to dunk on the sens at every opportunity.

Silencio

Nov 6, 2006
Toronto
Stone missed out on the playoffs a grand total of one season between the ECF run and being traded to Vegas. His comments would make much more sense coming from Duchene tbh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad