Around the NHL XXXVII

Status
Not open for further replies.

SPF6ty9

Feb 22, 2016
Caca Poopoo Peepee Shire
Not this year, he wasn't the greatest on his side of the puck (comparatively) this season

And say what you will about the stat, but I feel like people would be a little apprehensive to put a guy in the minuses for +/- as Selke. Obviously the number needs context but it would be a little weird to award someone an award for their great defensive play when they allow more goals than their team scored while they were on the ice. Looking at award history, it hasn't happened since 81-82.

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
Barkov got robbed of a nomination

There's more of an argument for Crosby over Barkov this year, imo. They probably got the nominations right this time around. Now to see if ROR/Stone can beat out Bergeron, or if he'll just be gifted the Selke on reputation.

inthe6ix

Oct 3, 2008
Toronto, Canada
Reactions: Acidrain66

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Ffs what's up with Stone? I thought he enjoyed his time with you guys and the numbers just didn't line up - was this all lip service?

https://www.tsn.ca/stone-throws-shade-at-sens-1.1293083

Every player (with the odd exception) says all the right things about the team they're with.

It was obvious Stone wanted out as soon as he signed a 1 year deal, no way no how was he going to stay here, and he is 100% right for wanting out.

This team is a literal circus, it's about time the ringleaders get some loud criticism from a meaningful party.

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
Twitter and the predictable “Coming Home” song and montage. God that song is annoying.

That is home for Steve and the Red Wings are on the right track

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
Ffs what's up with Stone? I thought he enjoyed his time with you guys and the numbers just didn't line up - was this all lip service?

Everything I've heard suggests he hated what a gong show the organization is.

Had nothing wrong with the city or fans. Just hated the direction of the team & organization.

... He's not wrong, either.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Its not much fun for the fans either; watching your team be dismantled and become totally devoid of top talent and hope for that this organization can keep from tripping over itself in an attempt to get back to some level of respectability. Pierre Dorion our GM, at least I think he is, said the GM said this team had to compete for a playoff spot next year. Next year we hold 2 first round picks with at least a glimmer of a chance at another one. Dorion with the GM he refrenced , I suppose, decided to rebuild without a first this year. He moved Karlsson and didn't get a 2019 first back. He moved Stone and didn't get any first back. He was proud to have got Brannstrom a 15OA skilled but undersized left hand defenseman back to add to Chabot, Wolanin and Lajoie. In a redraft he could easily drop from there. This team needs to focus on development as a number one priority. The young players we have need some insulation to develop properly. The focus should be to take advantage of the rebuild they decided to go on to accumulate talent as early in the draft(s) as possible. Winning is what sports is about , but the very best chance to win anything or compete for a playoff spot any time soon have been shipped out the door. Listening to our GM tell us the rebuild is ahead of where they thought they'd be and that the marching orders are to compete for the playoffs next year makes no sense to me. Fun .. this organization has stripped most us all of that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->