Around the NHL XXXV - Pre Season Hype #CAMP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Very Stable Genius

#WeLostOurKarlssons
Jan 3, 2005
Chicago
McDavid is truly the best player in the world, the team around him absolutely stinks. Its even more impressive this season because Draisaitl has been completely coasting so far.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
De la Rose was to Montreal what Nick Paul is to Ottawa.

No need for this guy.

Personally I think Paul > De la Rose. I also think Carey > De La Rose.

Yeah I like him for the bottom 6. 6’3” big thick defence fella. And Swedish.

Not big deal. Although I could see him being useful in Detroit.

Yeah maybe he discovers an identity with Detroit as they are so bad, but I won't hold my breath. We're talking about a guy that couldn't stick with the Habs in the last 5 years. Have you seen their forward groups during that time? This year, they finally have depth.

That would suck. He is signed to a one way next year.

He just got that contract yesterday. It was after he was placed on waivers.

Lenny the Lynx

Sep 20, 2008
ON
I somehow missed that Nylander is holding out. What a weird message to send this early in your career. I don't get how these guys don't just sign a 1 year deal if they aren't getting what they want.

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
Some internal discussions had taken place to put in a claim for Conacher because we are so banged up.

Barf.

I love Cory Conacher. One of my favourite guys who has passed through here. I get at this point he's objectively not a full time NHLer, but I'd be thrilled if we claim him.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
I love Cory Conacher. One of my favourite guys who has passed through here. I get at this point he's objectively not a full time NHLer, but I'd be thrilled if we claim him.

I'll never forget his benching followed by his GTG against the Habs in the playoffs with no time left.

Ah, Paulrus, you were quite the coach in that series.

Love seeing all those Habs fans in the stands cheering on our guy scoring.

Reactions: danielpalfredsson

danielpalfredsson

Aug 14, 2013

It we claim him, there's a good chance he becomes a rental. In a month when we're healthy, Lightning will likely re-claim him from waivers. So, I doubt we have to worry about dressing him in the NHL next season.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown

Well... The Lightning seem to value him since they just gave him that deal.

It's possible that if we were to claim him, we'd just be "borrowing" him while some of our guys are injured, and they'd be happy to re-claim him once we're done with him?

:dunno:

danielpalfredsson

Aug 14, 2013
Well... The Lightning seem to value him since they just gave him that deal.

It's possible that if we were to claim him, we'd just be "borrowing" him while some of our guys are injured, and they'd be happy to re-claim him once we're done with him?

:dunno:

Teams with money sometimes sign these tweeners to 1 way deals in order to lure them away from other pro leagues where they'd make as much or more than on a 2 way in the AHL. I think they value him as a strong veteran AHL guy who can play in the NHL without screwing up too bad if needed.

I believe teams get up to 950k of cap relief when a player is sent down, so for cap teams a 1 way like Conacher's has no negative cap implications.

Reactions: TheBradyBunch

Engineer

Rustled your jimmies
Dec 23, 2013
Teams with money sometimes sign these tweeners to 1 way deals in order to lure them away from other pro leagues where they'd make as much or more than on a 2 way in the AHL. I think they value him as a strong veteran AHL guy who can play in the NHL without screwing up too bad if needed.

I believe teams get up to 950k of cap relief when a player is sent down, so for cap teams a 1 way like Conacher's has no negative cap implications.
$1.025M this year

Reactions: danielpalfredsson

DJB

Jan 6, 2009
twitter.com
I'm assuming this was before Tampa signed him to a 1 year (1-way) extension? You'd have to assume the extra year at NHL money would keep PD/EM away.

He doesn't seem to be anywhere near as good as Dano or JDLR though, so I'm not quite sure what the team is doing.

Not sure. He was a name that was recently brought to my attention

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Anaheim got an absolute gem in Comtois, steal in every sense of the word.

Led all Ducks forwards in ice-time on Wednesday, even sitting for 5 minutes for a fight.

Have absolutely loved his game for a while.
I really like his game as well.. but if the Sens drafted him over Bowers he'd likely be an Avalanche now.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
It we claim him, there's a good chance he becomes a rental. In a month when we're healthy, Lightning will likely re-claim him from waivers. So, I doubt we have to worry about dressing him in the NHL next season.
cleared. Tampa signing him to that 1 way was likely deterrent enough.

solidprospect

Borveetzky
Sep 30, 2017
The Vegas Golden Knights have signed forward Alex Tuch to a seven-year contract extension worth $33.25 million.
He was scheduled to become a restricted free agent at season’s end, but his new deal should keep him in Vegas threads through the 2025-26 season at a $4.75-million cap hit.

Karl Prime

Feb 13, 2017
Man, the Sharks are amazing when they get going. Karlsson's playing at 60% of his best (and still pretty great), Burns is in form, Couture, Meier, Hertl, Kane, Pavelski, and Labanc are a great top 6 ..... Scary how great a possession team they are.

Adele Dazeem

Oct 20, 2015
On an island
Anaheim got an absolute gem in Comtois, steal in every sense of the word.

Led all Ducks forwards in ice-time on Wednesday, even sitting for 5 minutes for a fight.

Have absolutely loved his game for a while.

I never understood why he dropped so much. I was pretty sure that many were saying he'd go top-3, even 1st, before his draft year.

Karl Prime

Feb 13, 2017
Sharks may have the best 3rd line in the league in Sorensen-Suomela-Donskoi. They are relentless.

Mar 20, 2006
Ottawa
Leafs hitting a bit of skids is not a surprise. Before that they had the 3rd worst goals against in the division and were compensating with the high scoring rate, which is never sustainable. Teams are adjusting their coverage to make it harder, and they will need to rejig their own D in turn.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad