Around the NHL XXXV - Pre Season Hype #CAMP

Status
Not open for further replies.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
Looked like to me he lost the puck there?
Definitely not. Look how he doesn't even look for the puck and follows through with the shot with head up. Looks back at Rattie and not the puck once his "shot" is off and not the puck. He faked everyone out besides Rattie. That is pure nasty.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
The Oilers and McDavid remind me a lot of us and Karlsson.

When McDavid is on the ice stuff happens, when he isn't, it is far more labourious. I am sort of wondering if they'll have to trade him, him being part of every goal the team has scored (so far this season) should be legitimately terrifying for any fan and exec of the Oilers.

Reactions: Silencio

Karl Prime

Feb 13, 2017
The Oilers and McDavid remind me a lot of us and Karlsson.

When McDavid is on the ice stuff happens, when he isn't, it is far more labourious. I am sort of wondering if they'll have to trade him, him being part of every goal the team has scored (so far this season) should be legitimately terrifying for any fan and exec of the Oilers.

They would be ridiculously foolish to trade McDavid, since he's the only reason the team has any success. They just have to build a better team around him, and if Talbot isn't going to be the guy he was in 16-17, then perhaps find a better goalie.

Reactions: Silencio

Silencio

Nov 6, 2006
Toronto
They would be ridiculously foolish to trade McDavid, since he's the only reason the team has any success. They just have to build a better team around him, and if Talbot isn't going to be the guy he was in 16-17, then perhaps find a better goalie.

Yeah I know Daryl Katz isn't exactly beloved by the Edmonton fanbase, but to my knowledge the Oilers don't have the same (self inflicted) financial constraints in building a supporting cast for McDavid that Ottawa had with Karlsson.

Karl Prime

Feb 13, 2017
Yeah I know Daryl Katz isn't exactly beloved by the Edmonton fanbase, but to my knowledge the Oilers don't have the same (self inflicted) financial constraints in building a supporting cast for McDavid that Ottawa had with Karlsson.

Though it is concerning to compare Ottawa and Edmonton last season. For us, the franchise player wasn't playing well until the 6th month, but with Edmonton, McDavid was amazing all season and they were still only nine points better. Maybe McLellan isn't the right coach.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007

I agree but the question I'm asking myself is "can the Oilers actually build around McDavid?".

Considering how much of a joke that franchise is, I'm leaning towards "no". This means McDavid might eventually want out/the Oilers make a "Karlsson-like" decision.

Karl Prime

Feb 13, 2017
I agree but the question I'm asking myself is "can the Oilers actually build around McDavid?".

Considering how much of a joke that franchise is, I'm leaning towards "no". This means McDavid might eventually want out/the Oilers make a "Karlsson-like" decision.

If Chiarelli comes out and says "even Gretzky was traded" then I guess we'll know.

In reality though, what team would have the cap room to have him and what team would be willing to give up a ransom to acquire him? Just to use Ottawa as an example, the price would probably be something like Tkachuk, Chabot, Lajoie, Batherson, two 1sts, and a 2nd.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008

he is signed for 8 years they would be foolish to move him. Just cause ottawa failed at keeping Karlsson and building around him doesn't mean Edm will also have such an issue

Ottawa should have kept karlsson either way

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
he is signed for 8 years they would be foolish to move him. Just cause ottawa failed at keeping Karlsson and building around him doesn't mean Edm will also have such an issue

Ottawa should have kept karlsson either way

I'm not saying this would be imminent. But I do think it is something that might come to pass, the team is mostly trash outside of him.

That could change for sure, but right now, things look grim.

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
De la Rose was to Montreal what Nick Paul is to Ottawa.

No need for this guy.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
Wait, are we talking about Jacob De La Rose?
Yeah I like him for the bottom 6. 6’3” big thick defence fella. And Swedish.

Not big deal. Although I could see him being useful in Detroit.

DJB

Jan 6, 2009
twitter.com
Some internal discussions had taken place to put in a claim for Conacher because we are so banged up.

Barf.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
I have to admit, I'm finding the Matthews-McDavid thing fascinating.

Matthews puts up some eye-popping numbers and the Leaf fanbase campaign to put him in the same class as McDavid erupts into full swing.

McDavid responds with 4 points and a comeback win against the Jets of all teams.

And it swings back again.

Every time someone starts to doubt McJesus, he rises to the occasion:

200.gif

Reactions: Nac Mac Feegle

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
Some internal discussions had taken place to put in a claim for Conacher because we are so banged up.

Barf.

I'm assuming this was before Tampa signed him to a 1 year (1-way) extension? You'd have to assume the extra year at NHL money would keep PD/EM away.

He doesn't seem to be anywhere near as good as Dano or JDLR though, so I'm not quite sure what the team is doing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->