Around the NHL XXXIX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sensmileletsgo

Oct 22, 2018
Looks like Stone is on his way to another good season.

4 goals, 5 assists and 9 points in 6 games
The players on Vegas know how good he is. I was watching the game the other night and every chance they could they were giving the puck to Stone. He's going to put up career high numbers playing on that stacked Vegas team I'd bet.

Que

What?
Feb 12, 2017
Mind Prison
The players on Vegas know how good he is. I was watching the game the other night and every chance they could they were giving the puck to Stone. He's going to put up career high numbers playing on that stacked Vegas team I'd bet.

The players on the ice look up to him, imo. He’s going to be their captain by years end.

Same with Erik in San Jose. When Pavelski got hurt last year it was EK leading the rush to start that comeback.

Reactions: Sensmileletsgo

Gil Gunderson

May 2, 2007
Ottawa, ON
I like Brannstrom, but not finding a way to keep Stone might end up being one of the biggest blunders in this franchise’s history. Yes, worse than Alfie and Karlsson. You could see the impact he had on our young guys last year. He’s going to be a 90 point two-way guy I think.

Of course if his absence ends up netting us Lafreniere/Byfield it would soften the blow.

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
I just had the most sickening thought...

What if this years nominees for the Hart trophy are as follows;

Mark Stone, Matt Duchene, Erik Karlsson

There’s a legitimate possibility all three have career years this season.

Like - collectively as fans, what did we do to deserve this? What did we all do as a group in a past life? This is torture.

One time after we destroyed the Leafs, and their fans were complaining about how terrible everything was, I went and liked all the posts in their GDT. It was really immature but not absolutely terrible. So, from a hockey god revenge perspective - I'm pretty sure that I am at the very least responsible for us losing Ryan Dzingel.

Reactions: BloodRedArmy

2CHAINZ

Feb 27, 2008
One time after we destroyed the Leafs, and their fans were complaining about how terrible everything was, I went and liked all the posts in their GDT. It was really immature but not absolutely terrible. So, from a hockey god revenge perspective - I'm pretty sure that I am at the very least responsible for us losing Ryan Dzingel.

Props go do it again so more good stuff happens. That's about the only trade we've won.

Alex1234

Oct 14, 2014
Jersey going to be tough to beat for 31st
Even with Hall, Gusev, Subban, Hischier and Hugues
So one can imagine how far we are from competing...
Like pluto far

Reactions: Sens of Anarchy

Que

What?
Feb 12, 2017
Mind Prison
Like pluto far

Jersey has BAD goaltending. They’ll be .500 ish by years end - but they sure could use a Anderson type stop-gap.

We’re a near lock for last place. I have center ice - I tune in to every game. But if I watch more than ten full periods this season I’d be shocked.

Daffy

Jun 10, 2010
Not sure where to put this..and I'm a little drunk but...

I'm watching highlites of old sens games. Like when Steve Duchesne scored on Hasek. When Kravchuk scored the empty netter on Jersey for our first series win. f***ing got tears in my eyes. So many great memories of this team. And just look at what we are now. Even the NHL as a whole, I miss the old days. Just not as good now.

Reactions: BloodRedArmy

Philadelphia Collins

May 31, 2011
Colorado is a fun team, 5-0 start gat damn. Pretty wild how Sakic pretty added both Girard and now Byram in the Duchene trade. With those two and Cale Makar they’ve got a pretty nice core of puckmoving d coming along just as their top forwards enter their primes

e: still wince when I think about how much this team gave up for a couple playoff-less seasons of Matt Duchene

Reactions: Alex1234

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Like pluto far

Nah...they're going to take a bit of time to gel, but they'll likely finish out of the bottom 5.

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
Colorado is a fun team, 5-0 start gat damn. Pretty wild how Sakic pretty added both Girard and now Byram in the Duchene trade. With those two and Cale Makar they’ve got a pretty nice core of puckmoving d coming along just as their top forwards enter their primes

e: still wince when I think about how much this team gave up for a couple playoff-less seasons of Matt Duchene

He cleaned up on the Duchene trade.

Imagine if Sakic hadn't (supposedly) nixed the trade Roy negotiated with Dorion. At the 2016 draft, it was apparently Chabot/Zibanejad for Duchene. This is according to some "board insiders" on the Avalanche section.

Chabot/Zibanejad/MacKinnon/Landeskog/Rantanen/Johnson/Kadri

That would be a very nice core.

Silencio

Nov 6, 2006
Toronto
It would be such a Senators thing to "win" the 2019 draft lotto by having Colorado drop to 4th pick overall, and then have Byram end up being better than Hughes.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010

So... all said, Colorado got the following from Duchene:

Byram, Girard, Kamenev, Bowers, Stienburg (our 3rd), Annunen (swapped Nsh 2nd for a 3rd and 5th), Zhuravlyov (swapped Nsh 2nd for a 3rd and 5th), Hammond,

The two big pieces alone is a great return, if any of the other pieces hit, it's gravy.

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
I was always a bit lower on the Avs return than most because I think a lot of the "quantity" pieces will bust out, but Byram + Girard for 1.5 years of Matt Duchene is a pretty damn big steal on it's own.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
He cleaned up on the Duchene trade.

Imagine if Sakic hadn't (supposedly) nixed the trade Roy negotiated with Dorion. At the 2016 draft, it was apparently Chabot/Zibanejad for Duchene. This is according to some "board insiders" on the Avalanche section.

Chabot/Zibanejad/MacKinnon/Landeskog/Rantanen/Johnson/Kadri

That would be a very nice core.

On the flip side, if we had done that trade, our ECF run would have been with Duchene instead of Brassard which in theory could have been enough to be the difference between a game 7 OT loss to the Pens and a trip to the SCF, possibly even a cup win over Nashville.

Tough to know what the long term impact would be; we wouldn't have Chabot, Gustavsson, JBD or Tychonic, and who knows where we'd be picking the last couple years, or how many of our top players would have been shipped off for futures.

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
I was always a bit lower on the Avs return than most because I think a lot of the "quantity" pieces will bust out, but Byram + Girard for 1.5 years of Matt Duchene is a pretty damn big steal on it's own.

A young potential top pairing D like Byram or Girard for 1.5 years of Duchene is a win. Add in both, along with Bowers, Kamenev and a 2nd, and it's just ridiculous.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
A young potential top pairing D like Byram or Girard for 1.5 years of Duchene is a win. Add in both, along with Bowers, Kamenev and a 2nd, and it's just ridiculous.
And a 3rd, which turned into Justus Annunen who is looking as good/better than any of our goaltending prospects thus far this year with a .958 sv% and 0.99 gaa through 6 FEL games. (Goalie stats in FEL a bit inflated)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->