Around the NHL XXXIV | Playoff Spectators Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Lewler

GOAT BUDGET AINEC
Jul 2, 2013
Eastern Ontario Badlands
Really?

I thought they just kept adding more “bowls” to it? So it just gets taller and taller?

That used to be the case. Then they basically came to the decision where the Cup was getting too big and it would lose it's iconic shape and people wouldn't be able to hoist it.

So they settled on making the font really small and will be replacing the bands once they fill up. IIRC they figur3d out it will keep people's names on the Cup for like 60 years before they are replaced.

The old bands then go to the HHOF for display.

Stanley Cup saying goodbye to some NHL legends' names | CBC Sports

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
Galchenyuk is one of those players who'll be 37 and people will say "Man he has so much potential".

He's in his mid 20's, he is what he is, and he has a year left on his deal before MTL has to consider trading him, committing big money+term, or losing him for nothing to free agency. That's assuming Glachenyuk would even be open to staying in MTL with his relationship with coaches and his role throughout his time on the team being somewhat contentious.

So MTL basically gave up the traditional 1st+3rd+B prospect they probably would have gotten for Galchenyuk 1 year from now in exchange for Max Domi. Reading the main board thread, I seem to be in the extreme minority, but I don't think it's a bad move for MTL. It should be noted that career wise, their production is basically even, although Galchenyuk is more of a goal scorer.

SAK11

Oct 4, 2011
Domi could be good but that's a bad trade for MTL. They are great at losing 1 for 1 trades.

Can't say I watch enough of the Coyotes to have a strong understanding of how Domi's been playing lately, but his point production is pretty close to Galchekyuk's, although Galchenyuk has been the superior goal scorer. I have seen a lot of Galchenyuk and I don't see him as a big game changer. Good player, but in the tier of a guy like Zibanejad. He's at his best on the PP and has a nice shot. Pretty inconsistent and people need to know by now that he's a winger.

I won't call this a loss for Montreal just yet.

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007
Chucky surely had more value than just Domi no?

Not sure what they're doing. Probably solidifies that rumor that they'd be eying Tkachuk 3rd overall I assume

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad