Around the NHL XXXIII - looking forward to 2018 offseason edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Calder
Barzal has collected 85 points (22 goals, 63 assists) this season, 20 more than Arizona Coyotes strikerClayton Keller , the second scorer in first-year players. The last rookie to score so many points was Evgeni Malkin of the Pittsburgh Penguins in 2006-07; he also had 85 points (33 goals, 52 assists) and won the Calder.
Barzal's 63 assists this season have also matched the Islanders team record. Bryan Trottier also had 63 assists in his first campaign in 1975-76.

16th overall in 2015.

Deku

I'm off the planet
Nov 5, 2011
Ottawa
Guys, refresh my memory: when was the last time the Leafs were in the playoffs and we weren't? Was it the year they played Boston and lost in Game 7?

Focusing all my negative energy on rooting against the Leafs and the Pens.

Nah we were also in that year.

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
Guys, refresh my memory: when was the last time the Leafs were in the playoffs and we weren't? Was it the year they played Boston and lost in Game 7?

95-96

Reactions: DrEasy

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
I couldn't care less about it being impressive, I ****ing hate that team.

Malkin, Kessel... i respect their talent but man, they lucked out on Crosby, sucked for a while and got those loser high picks but those Pens are a bunch of crybabies

Anybody not cheering for the Flyers in the first round? That would make our pick 21st right?

lol so much this

Reactions: aragorn

Deku

I'm off the planet
Nov 5, 2011
Ottawa
Malkin, Kessel... i respect their talent but man, they lucked out on Crosby, sucked for a while and got those loser high picks but those Pens are a bunch of crybabies

Yeah I think the only player I like on their team are.... Kessel, Brassard, Hornquist... and maybe Dumolin? lol

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Yeah I think the only player I like on their team are.... Kessel, Brassard, Hornquist... and maybe Dumolin? lol

Kessel? Still like him? Even though he dove like a **** in the playoffs forcing a penalty on Phaneuf so that the Pens could take a 2-1 lead in Game 7. I mean they are already better than everyone else and the fact that they need to do that extra stuff is lame

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
Crosby is amazing.

Yes he gets away with a lot and all that jazz. But the man is ****ing good.

I thought about it and yeah he gets away with a lot, but he also "suffers" (for lack of better word) a lot. Ends up being pretty even when you think about it. Literally one of if not the most targeted player whether you're talking about chirping, subtle hooks, cross-checks, slight interference, etc.

Kessel? Still like him? Even though he dove like a **** in the playoffs forcing a penalty on Phaneuf so that the Pens could take a 2-1 lead in Game 7. I mean they are already better than everyone else and the fact that they need to do that extra stuff is lame

Every team does that "extra stuff". Just because you are better than everyone else, doesn't mean that you shouldn't do things that the opposition is doing. Even playing field. Kessel is awesome.

Goes both ways...

DrakeAndJosh

Intangibles
Jun 19, 2010
Kanata
Anyone really not into the playoffs this year? I’ll stay tuned but I think I’ll be way more interested in baseball/golf and watching some of the prospects.

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
Anyone really not into the playoffs this year? I’ll stay tuned but I think I’ll be way more interested in baseball/golf and watching some of the prospects.

Not that excited about a few of the matchups.

Philly/Pittsburgh
Minnesota/Winnipeg
Toronto/Boston
Tampa/NJ

Those are the ones I’m most looking forward too. Vegas too I guess since it’s their first time getting there. That first game in Vegas should be fun.

Reactions: Smeddy

Zorf

Apparently I'm entitled?
Jan 4, 2008
Normal: Carolina Hurricanes players had their exit interviews today.

Not normal: They were with the owner. No hockey OPS people were there.

LOLWUT?

It's moments like this when I realize that Melnyk might not be the worst owner in the NHL...but definitely 2nd worst.

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
Detroit is bringing Blashill back. I wonder how many coaching vacancies there will be.

Ottawa, Calgary, Carolina, Edmonton, New York Islanders are all still up in the air. Washington too since Trotz does not have a contract in place for next year as of yet.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013

LOLWUT?

It's moments like this when I realize that Melnyk might not be the worst owner in the NHL...but definitely 2nd worst.

That new owner is really hands on... Could be some other changes going on there. Dorion would have been a good candidate for that job.

Deku

I'm off the planet
Nov 5, 2011
Ottawa

To be honest I forgot about that.

Silencio

Nov 6, 2006
Toronto

LOLWUT?

Tom Dundon's been a team owner for a couple of months and he already thinks he's Steinbrenner.

Ovechclutch

Aug 19, 2014
Toronto
Caps fan here coming in peace..just wondering what you guys would want for Karlsson in a trade before I make a proposal on the trade board and get annihilated

Edit: From the Caps roster obviously

HavlatMach9

streamable 3rah1
Mar 17, 2011
Ottawa
Caps fan here coming in peace..just wondering what you guys would want for Karlsson in a trade before I make a proposal on the trade board and get annihilated

Edit: From the Caps roster obviously
We'll want to make the assumption that the trade is a sign and trade, at which point we would want the moon for him. Obviously it's complicated since that might not be reality and Karlsson might be a one year rental from say your perspective and the usual rental return will apply except with a bluechip prospect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->