Around the NHL XXXIII - looking forward to 2018 offseason edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarkStone

Frankie Fryer
Mar 12, 2016
Any examples? I'm drawing a blank on this one...
I do remember him giving some comments after the Sens series that were borderline dismissive of the opposition that had just took them to double overtime in game 7 but that's about it from what I recall.

Mr Hat

Oct 24, 2017
Kelowna
I do remember him giving some comments after the Sens series that were borderline dismissive of the opposition that had just took them to double overtime in game 7 but that's about it from what I recall.

Yes that's the one that drives my saltyness towards him. I thought it was a symptom of how good their team has been since he came to the league along with his age and superstar status. I still feel he is a kind of a dick so I'll stand behind the salty statement.

Silencio

Nov 6, 2006
Toronto

Yeah, he said "I thought we were the better team all series" which is laughable.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Who was it on here that said Bob McKenzie was full of it at the TDL with all the speculation around Karlsson being traded? I think it was DJ or something like that. Well ok , now I get where he's getting it from .. Everyone has their sources I suppose.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
Yes that's the one that drives my saltyness towards him. I thought it was a symptom of how good their team has been since he came to the league along with his age and superstar status. I still feel he is a kind of a dick so I'll stand behind the salty statement.

"Professional Athlete Has Good Things To Say About his Defending Champion Team Upon Reaching League Championship Finals for 2nd Year in a Row". This story and more, on News At Ten tonight, following Dr Quinn: Medicine Woman.

Reactions: aragorn

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
"Professional Athlete Has Good Things To Say About his Defending Champion Team Upon Reaching League Championship Finals for 2nd Year in a Row". This story and more, on News At Ten tonight, following Dr Quinn: Medicine Woman.

Don’t be ridiculous, Dr Quinn went off the air a long time ago.

Reactions: BonkTastic

Mr Hat

Oct 24, 2017
Kelowna

There is a difference between saying good things about your team and eluding that a game 7 double OT wasn't that close of a series. I prefer the classic give the other team props even if it's a sweep like Crosby does. Wow some people try too hard to be funny on here.

Last edited:

Mr Hat

Oct 24, 2017
Kelowna
He was right.

Yeah minus getting blown out 5-1 and being down going into game 4 in Ottawa. Sure Pitts was the better team and deserved to win. Doesn't mean you need to be dismissive of the closest series in the whole playoffs especially at an underdog team like we were.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
There is a difference between saying good things about your team and eluding that a game 7 double OT wasn't that close of a series. I prefer the classic give the other team props even if it's a sweep like Crosby does.

Playoffs are equal parts skill and psychology. I don't know what else to say other than it's entirely likely that Murray's comments were intended to be for his team, and not against our team. As far as quotes are concerned, his was about as tame as they get.

Wow some people try too hard to be funny on here.

My dude, my post was about as low-effort as it gets. There was barely enough substance to that post to keep it from floating into the atmosphere due to being elementally lighter than air.

Mr Hat

Oct 24, 2017
Kelowna
Did you see the goals? They were all extremely lucky.

Yes but I'll call your bluff as you obviously did not. First goal was a pretty nice deke after a bad turnover by Matta. Second goal was a skilled play to direct the puck to Boeser; sure it was a good bounce but not a fluke. Third goal was a nice shot.

Where am I wrong? I also live in BC and hate the nucks but most my friends are fans.

Reactions: JungleBeat

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Matt Murray is a goalie on the Pens isn't he... I could care less what he says.. he is entitled to his opinions as well.

dumbdick

Galactic Defender
May 31, 2008
Anyone seen the awful future watch hockey news edition? Leafs love fest. They get ranked the number 1 prospect pool, yet the sens have a player ranked better than every one of their prospects using the magazine's own rankings.

Not to mention the cover caption: "Plan the Parade: Toronto Will Win the Stanely Cup, it's Only a Matter of When and How Many". Blech.

Bought the magazine. Immediately ripped off the cover and crumpled it up in front of the cashier, "that's better".

Reactions: Karl Prime and Deku
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->