Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
SCFSked-17085439.JPG

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
It's a good schedule, given the tight timeframes the league is working with. I wonder how NBC feels about the two finalists, with neither being from a big or traditional hockey market. Probably not quite the marquee match-up they were hoping for.

It won't be as bad as Anaheim/Ottawa but

Reactions: Aussie Bruin

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
It's a good schedule, given the tight timeframes the league is working with. I wonder how NBC feels about the two finalists, with neither being from a big or traditional hockey market. Probably not quite the marquee match-up they were hoping for.
Agreed. The good thing is that it should be a good series for hockey fans, despite the two teams not being from huge hockey markets. The most deserving team from each conference during the bubble are in the finals, which is cool with me since it should make for a better series than if a weaker team got lucky somehow and sneaked in. And as a Bs fan, it's clear-cut good vs evil from my point of view -- Dobby/Seguin vs f***ing TB.

Grimey

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 4, 2017
Jesus you'd figure Bruins fans would've learned by now about giving up on young players.

Yikes

And Barzal is only 23 or so? He's done a pretty good job since Tavares bailed and added more weight onto his shoulders. He's only going to get better.

I also want to point out that Samsonov also started to 'suck' after missing 74 games with a broken wrist and the surgery that followed (he began that season with 11 points in 8 games). Leading up to that, he had (I believe) back to back 70-ish point seasons pushing 30 goals.

Even then, he didn't really suck; he had Michael Ryder syndrome. He went through stretches of not scoring for the Canes after he'd put up points in bunches, but was one of their better players in the playoffs (I last remember him scoring 4 big goals vs Bruins in the '09 series).

stungun54

Apr 15, 2018
HFBoards since 2000
And Barzal is only 23 or so? He's done a pretty good job since Tavares bailed and added more weight onto his shoulders. He's only going to get better.

I also want to point out that Samsonov also started to 'suck' after missing 74 games with a broken wrist and the surgery that followed (he began that season with 11 points in 8 games). Leading up to that, he had (I believe) back to back 70-ish point seasons pushing 30 goals.

Even then, he didn't really suck; he had Michael Ryder syndrome. He went through stretches of not scoring for the Canes after he'd put up points in bunches, but was one of their better players in the playoffs (I last remember him scoring 4 big goals vs Bruins in the '09 series).
yeah he was probably hurt. regardless turned the puck over way to much and avoids all contact. not my type of player.

aguineapig

Dobby looks like what I imagine Pablo Sandoval would if you put the goalie pads on him. But Kudos to Khudobin, he has taken a Timmy type journey to get to this point. And I wouldn't bet against him, he is after all a disciple of St. Thomas.

Reactions: BMC

trenton1

Bergeron for Hart
Dec 19, 2003
Loge 31 Row 10

Samsonov's temporary post-injury resurgence with Nylander in 2004 was awesome. Then Nylander got a head injury in the Montreal series.

Lock-out, roster gutted, end of an era.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad