Around the NHL XXIX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
Well then they go and do stuff like that and it gives you hope. I still don't think they'll make it past Pittsburgh but who knows, they certainly have the talent to.

They absolutely do have the talent.

If hockey was played on paper, the Caps would be destroying the Leafs every game.

The problem is they just seem to not be able to get it together come playoffs.

I put them as the team to win the cup in my NHL bracket because i thought this was going to be the year were they finally get rid of the choker label.

But seeing how the Leafs are giving them so much trouble, i just don't know anymore.

Erik Alfredsson

Beast Mode Cowboy!
Jan 14, 2012
I'm not even sure if they'll get past Toronto yet

They'll beat the Leafs because the Leafs are so horrid defensively that they'll be able to score some late goals just like they've been doing the past 2 games. That won't work against Pittsburgh, they're going to have to play a full 60 minutes against them.

utah

Apr 12, 2006
Leafs hanging on by a thread....but make it to OT, where anything can happen.

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012
Two straight overtime games at home against the bottom seed. Even if they win tonight that should not inspire confidence. Their defense is making far more mistakes than usual.

playasRus

Mar 21, 2009
4 OT wins against toronto wuold make it both hilarious because of the heartbreak and unbearable because "we took the president's winners to OT so we're going to win the Cup next year."

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
4 OT wins against toronto wuold make it both hilarious because of the heartbreak and unbearable because "we took the president's winners to OT so we're going to win the Cup next year."

Would be better than the Leafs actually winning the series.

Now that would be unbearable.

"We beat the president trophy winner, so of course we are a cup contender right now"

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012
Would be better than the Leafs actually winning the series.

Now that would be unbearable.

"We beat the president trophy winner, so of course we are a cup contender right now"

The playoffs are like Highlander. If you defeat a team you gain its power, until only one remains.

hobbsie93

Feb 29, 2016
Somewhere on Earth
Of all the possible penalty calls since the start of the third, they call that on Boyle. It was a trip but why would you call that if you're not gonna call Oshie running over Andersen

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
The Caps really need a thorough dissection of that team. Find out where the 'choke' is coming from and carve it out of the roster.

OmniSens

@OmniSenators
Sep 22, 2008
Ottawa
Lol Holtby. Always looks so angry!

Funny dive by Kadri too. Can't have these kind of calls in the playoffs. Horrible.

Knave

Mar 6, 2007
Ottawa
Washington looks less gassed than Toronto. The Leafs seem to constantly be delaying faceoffs after icing and look generally tired except for Hyman. He's fresh.

pepty

Let's win it all
Feb 22, 2005
I thought the refs were wise to Kadri's antics..

Washington looked listless for long stretches in both games.
'

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
Leaf fans are the worst. Reading every playoff GDT here and there all they do is whine about Reffing, diving, and all in all have a woe is me persecution complex. Pretty funny.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad