Not open for further replies.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
zqOtCIz.jpg

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
The Leafs problem today is the owners embraced analytics but stats do not show emotion.

Nobody on the Leafs bench showed any emotion in that third period and for a team that needs to bank every point possible to even make the playoffs is simply appalling.

Lack of truculence coming back to bite them. :sarcasm:

Probably an argument can be made about how a modicum of intangibles are necessary.

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
The Leafs problem today is the owners embraced analytics but stats do not show emotion.

Nobody on the Leafs bench showed any emotion in that third period and for a team that needs to bank every point possible to even make the playoffs is simply appalling.

giphy.gif

...and yet it is :sarcasm:

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010

Anyway to like this a million times. Dubas and his advanced stats should be looking for a job soon. Want to build a fantasy hockey team this is what happens, the Bruins dance perilously close to this at times.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005

I don't disagree. I will note however, that the Leafs brought in Clifford, the same type of player that many here are clamoring for. And has it changed one darn thing about the Leafs? Not from what I can see.

I guess my point is, it takes more than just one or two tough guys to build that emotional take-on-all-comers, one-for-all, all-for-one, mentality and culture.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Holy crap is that a hefty price to pay for Pageau...
yep yet many here will lose their minds if DS decides it`s simply too rich to go and fetch a Kreider or whomever

The Sens have literally loaded up on draft picks adding to an already nice looking roster of talent who are going to be good in a few years

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC

not sure emotion is the issue as I`d put my money on lack of any urgency and still a total and complete disregard to commit even a bit to defensive play.

They all play like their natural skill is more than enough to get the W`s

aguineapig

Was watching the History of the Boston Bruins tonight for the one hundredth time on NESN and something that had been bugging me all year long just flashed before my eyes and jolted my memory back in time. As we all know,the real reason for the Leafs problems this year stem from the hideous Matthews mustache. But I knew I had seen this movie before and there it was tonight. Video clip circa mid seventies and there it was. Our own Carol Vadnais sporting that same lame stache! No wonder Harry had to deal him to the Rangers.

Palmetto

Apr 17, 2019
Charleston
I'm so excited to read toronto's relative corsi numbers and why they are actually one of the best teams in the playoffs come april. Best time of the year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad