NHL Around the NHL XIV: Marlies zamboni driver leads Whalercanes to a victory in Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
WTF are the Panthers doing ??

I was telling Habs fans earlier tonight , the way Leafs and Panthers are playing, they actually still have a shot at third in the division. Panthers have a really hard schedule to finish the season and the Leafs are losing to zamboni drivers. It's not out of the question at this point.

Reactions: pgm16

danpantz

Mar 31, 2013
I woke up today expecting none of that to have actually happened. No way a division rival lost to a team on a back to back that had to use a 42 year old zamboni driver, who works for said rival, for half the game. Not a chance.

Then i take a peak over at the leafs board and, yep, it definitely happened. And my favorite defender of the leafs is right there to give his context/60 to show how actually it’s not bad to lose to a zamboni driver.

Reactions: Stannis the Mannis

RustyBruins72

Jul 29, 2005
On local news they just showed Canes celebration as Ayers enters their locker room post game.
It looked like a Cup celebration.

Wow.....what an incredible historic moment.
It's on the Canes twitter with Brind'Amours speech.

I know people are chirping the Leafs but I think this is absolutely so cool and like Wally said, a historic moment.

This has happened before to the Blackhawks. Scott Foster came in during the 3rd perod against the jets.

This is why I love hockey so much.

Reactions: BMC

Si Hopkins

Dec 8, 2007
Easthampton
magichelicopterpress.com
Canes will be selling jerseys with his name and he will get a percentage. Money will also go to a kidney foundation of his choosing.

That f***ing rules.

I get the old school irritation about storm surges and whatnot, but the Canes are the organization I most want to get a beer with. I really like the way they handle their business.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
upload_2020-2-23_12-11-52.png

the negotiator

Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Watching the Penguins-Caps is a scary reminder of how good the Caps can be when they put their minds to it

Fast-tough-talented.......will not be an easy matchup for anyone- Bruins included

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Watching the Penguins-Caps is a scary reminder of how good the Caps can be when they put their minds to it

Fast-tough-talented.......will not be an easy matchup for anyone- Bruins included
sure are but that fast, tough and talented team lost in round 1 last year, anything can and often does happen come playoff time

Reactions: Dr Hook

b in vancouver

Jul 28, 2005
That f*cking rules.

I get the old school irritation about storm surges and whatnot, but the Canes are the organization I most want to get a beer with. I really like the way they handle their business.

I'm old school and not a big celebration guy. I was taught to 'act like you've been there before' since I started playing sports and (good or bad?) have kinda passed this down to my kids whom honestly look bored when they score or win.

But I have to admit. I like that organization. Your 'have a beer with' puts it perfectly.

Reactions: BMC and sooshii

the negotiator

Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
sure are but that fast, tough and talented team lost in round 1 last year, anything can and often does happen come playoff time

Agree- anything can happen

I just don't think a first round exit will happen two years in a row

My concern is they win a round, click into gear and go on a run

My hope- their goaltending is their weak point and costs them a series before they get to play Boston

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
Agree- anything can happen

I just don't think a first round exit will happen two years in a row

My concern is they win a round, click into gear and go on a run

My hope- their goaltending is their weak point and costs them a series before they get to play Boston

They will need to battle through Metro.They run into Islanders again lookout.Flyers play them tough too

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad