Around the NHL XIII: Off Season Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
McDonagh was playing against Crosby while DZ was playing against Tanner Glass. This is strictly a Del Zotto - Moore/Klein- Moore topic. We aren't comparing 1D vs 3D Sv%

In that case, Moore and Diaz also had higher sv% than Klein. Surely it's due to their superior defensive presence and not just random shooting luck through small sample sizes, right?

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
All I can say is I like Klein. That the Rangers 3rd pair after he showed up played with a ton more composure. I didn't worry about them much after DZ left. The other thing is I'm glad DZ is gone because frankly I don't think he's good enough to play a regular rotation for our team. He can frustrate the **** out of Flyers fans now.

Zil

Shrug
Feb 9, 2006
Please let McIlrath be decent enough to overtake Klein so these discussions can stop.

GP035

Dec 1, 2005
I certainly don't miss "DEL ZOTTO SHOOTS... WIDE!" and although I understand why it happened often - he's shooting like a scorer/sniper and not to get the puck on net - a lot of the wide shorts resulted in odd man rushes the other way.

I wouldn't be surprised if goals scored after wide DZ shots were similar or equal to an expected & reasonable goal output (~10) for him.

HatTrick Swayze

Just Be Nice
Jun 16, 2006
Chicago
Dal Colle looking pretty good for Canada in the exhibitions. Eventually the Isles have to start really hitting on these picks. Don't they??

Zil

Shrug
Feb 9, 2006
Dal Colle looking pretty good for Canada in the exhibitions. Eventually the Isles have to start really hitting on these picks. Don't they??

Not if they give them all to Buffalo. I'm torn between wanting the Islanders to be the worst team in the league this year and being terrified of the possible dynasty the Sabres are constructing.

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..

Eh, they've been doing a pretty damn nice job of stockpiling talent as of late. Their biggest issue was lacking patience with kids. Some of those kids are really starting to find their game. De Haan in particular looked very good as the year progressed. Thought that kid's development hit the kids but he's really turned a corner.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
There are agenda posters out there. It isn't hard to spot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad