NHL Around the NHL X - Maple Leafs fire head coach Mike Babcock, promote Sheldon Keefe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA

Updated Nov 11.

Don Cherry fired.

Mod note:
Since everyone seems sort of confused again (despite some of the same posters being here.....)

Here's what the deal was with yesterday's thread and it absolutely applies in this case as well:

1. You can talk about Don's Comments/his firing.
2. You can talk about the reaction to the comments.
3. You can think he's racist, a patriot, whatever. If you FLAME the posters who have the opposite opinion as you, I'm just going to throw you out of the thread.
4. If you can't handle discussing the comments without launching into broader political issues that aren't DIRECTLY related to this instance, you will also be thrown out.

ALL Cherry talk goes here

Sportsnet - Don Cherry fired

Last edited:

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
Lucic was a fan favorite and was a throwback in many ways.

Didn’t quite have the scoring touch to maintain as a first liner long term and when he was off, it often looked like he was gliding around.

In hindsight, they moved on at the appropriate time, yet he’s the kind of guy you find yourself rooting for.

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
What bullshit. Lucic went after the guy who jammed his stick into the Flames goaltender while he was down on both knees with the puck in his mitt, a very vulnerable position to say the least. I would expect anyone on the Bruins to respond like Lucic did if an opponent tried this shit on Rask or Halak.

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
Lucic always had his teammates back so I'll always be a fan. If he still played for Boston I bet this punch gets more games. Playing in the west hes able be more of an enforcer away from reactionaries in Toronto and MTL

Gloved punch to the face in defense of a goaltender...2 games.

Cheap/high hit on a defenseless defenseman with 20 seconds left in a blow out....nothing.

Keep up the good work DOPeS.

RoccoF14

Mar 1, 2016
Chicago, IL
What bull****. Lucic went after the guy who jammed his stick into the Flames goaltender while he was down on both knees with the puck in his mitt, a very vulnerable position to say the least. I would expect anyone on the Bruins to respond like Lucic did if an opponent tried this **** on Rask or Halak.
C’mon.

He flat out sucker punched the guy... yeah he kept his glove on. BFD.

I loved Looch too......8 years ago. Now, he’s just a stiff.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
I miss Lucic. He's a sore loser and habitual suckerpunch artist, but I have a major soft spot for him.

When his contract expires and he retires, I hope he comes back here and gets a job on NESN or within the organization.
I could see him being an advanced stats guy. Not joking, apparently he keeps up with all kinds of stats.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
What bull****. Lucic went after the guy who jammed his stick into the Flames goaltender while he was down on both knees with the puck in his mitt, a very vulnerable position to say the least. I would expect anyone on the Bruins to respond like Lucic did if an opponent tried this **** on Rask or Halak.

f*** Lucic. It was a cheap shot. Against a player going until whistle is blown as they are taught from Pee Wee.

Also if that was Bergy playing until whistle as blown and somebody suckered him Im betting that maybe just maybe you might feel different.

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
**** Lucic. It was a cheap shot. Against a player going until whistle is blown as they are taught from Pee Wee.

Also if that was Bergy playing until whistle as blown and somebody suckered him Im betting that maybe just maybe you might feel different.

Bergeron doesn't do shit like that to opposing goaltenders. The guy was down, in a vulnerable position. If that had been Rask or Halak down like that you'd want a Bruin to go after an opponent who whacked them with his stick

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Bergeron doesn't do **** like that to opposing goaltenders. The guy was down, in a vulnerable position. If that had been Rask or Halak down like that you'd want a Bruin to go after an opponent who whacked them with his stick

Lol!
Ok pick a Bruin then. I stand by my point.
As well as if he didnt play to the whistle then , whomever you pick, aint trying.

Jim

Mar 11, 2002
Rochester NY
Not 5 years ago, that would be the expected reaction to a player jabbing your goalie. Now, in today’s hockey the appropriate response is, “Excuse me, sir. My compatriots and I would appreciate it if you would be more mindful of our goalie’s well-being. My kindest regards to your coach. See you at the face-off.”

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
Just watched the Caps for the first time this season and no matter what happened to them in the playoffs this is still one scary team. They tick all the boxes and having a young guy like Jakub Vrana going to the next level gives the whole team a lift. Looking forward to the Bruins facing them for the first time this season in a couple of weeks and seeing how we shape up against a legitimate, undeniable contender.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
I still miss Looch. Loved him on the B's. So many good memories.

I get it (the trade) but I will always like Looch. He was so nice to me at the Garden :DD

Reactions: BMC
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->