NHL Around the NHL - Washington hoists the Cup

Status
Not open for further replies.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
I'm talking Tampa small not guys that are almost 6' . 6' feet is not small.
Also look at the rosters that actually won the cups not the one that just got eliminated in the second round.
Another thing,"you think"? Tell me, do you think the Pens are the only team that has inaccurate weights and measures?

Moving the goalposts yet again. Seems to be a common occurrence? Maybe you should be a little clearer with your definition of small?

Another thing...the guys that I listed from PIT were all on their 2016-17 CUP WINNING ROSTER.

And yet another thing...I'm 5'11", was at an event where Kessel was, and he is shorter than I am.

And still, yet another thing...no, I don't think the Pens are the only team with inaccurate weights and measures, and I certainly don't think these teams are listing their players as smaller than they are. So, doesn't that help my argument that smaller players can win?

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
Moving the goalposts yet again. Seems to be a common occurrence? Maybe you should be a little clearer with your definition of small?

Another thing...the guys that I listed from PIT were all on their 2016-17 CUP WINNING ROSTER.

And yet another thing...I'm 5'11", was at an event where Kessel was, and he is shorter than I am.

And still, yet another thing...no, I don't think the Pens are the only team with inaccurate weights and measures, and I certainly don't think these teams are listing their players as smaller than they are. So, doesn't that help my argument that smaller players can win?

It's very apparent though that Kessel is thick, like a side of beef!:laugh:

Aeroforce

Apr 28, 2012
Houston, TX
Didn't Karl Alzner leave the Caps and sign with the Habs because he wanted to play someplace he could win?

I felt bad for Nate Schmidt in the handshake line last night, but there was a lot of respect shown to him by his former teammates.

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
Thing is about Kessler though, the guy can flat out fly so he ain’t as fat as people make him out to be
Absolutely true. When you see him in street clothes in recent years he is semi-stout, but not even close to fat. He has gotten himself into good shape. It's that fat face of his that makes him look fat. I know some 300 pounders that have a slimmer face than his.

kessel-cupdogs2-1017x1024.png

Reactions: DKH and Chief Nine

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
so if the Bruins iced a team where every guy was exactly 6 feet you'd be satisfied? That team would be "big" enough to win a cup for you? wtf is even your point? That only "big" teams win cups? ok, define "big" as it applies to an entire team. Average height? number of guys over a certain height? maximum number of guys under a certain height?

1st of all , I don't know what makes you think your some kind of an authority around here that you feel it's appropriate to ask questions like wtf is even your point . I don't get why you need to get snarky when by what you have written , you are assuming what I'm talking about and clearly have no clue.

Simply, I don't buy into the narrative that you hear way to often these days. The game is getting faster , size doesn't matter anymore.

There is no quota of how many tall guys , how many heavy guys like you think I'm suggesting. What a ridiculous way to build a team.

You gave the Pens as an example. To start with the Pens have not one but two generational talents on their team, Do most teams have that? Do you think the players they have would have had the same success with your average 1st and 2nd liner C ?

Now look at the D corps , any 5'9" guys that get into the lineup on the regular? Even with a pretty underwhelming D corps they won 2 cups. No small guys , no big slow guys.

Look at what happened to the Bruins with two 5'9" dmen. They got punked by Tampa. Let that sink in , they got punked by Tampa. Even though the Bruins D corps is more skilled than what the Pens had in both cup wins. So how did that happen?

I get the league is getting quicker , I get that size doesn't always matter. You know when it matters? When it's combined with skill. Look at the Caps. Who picked the Caps to win it this year? But they showed that you need a little of both. Teams like Tampa, who many picked to get to SCF came up "short."

Look at the Knights roster other than Marchessault any smaller players there? Look at the D corps, any 5'9" guys?

To summarize,
Can't have 2 and probably not even 1 , 5'9" dman on your D corps.
You can't have a forward group of marshmallows,you need some sand paper, you need some size and you need speed, all of these ingredients are necessary.

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada

Didn't move any goal posts, just seems that way when you assume.

Now those smaller guys who played with generational talents like Crosby and Malkin . Do you think maybe that had something to do with it? It's not really them, anyone puts up points with Crosby.

No, it doesn't help your argument. If all teams are giving inaccurate weights and measures , then that would make them all relative, wouldn't it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->