NHL Around the NHL - Washington hoists the Cup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
Please tell me I’m not the only one who saw the woman in the white dress flashing the Caps players as Ovi got the cup the 2nd time and started skating it around :laugh:

If you are watching the post game on NBC Sports, and have DVR, rewind it to the part where Ovi gets the Cup for the 2nd time and goes for a skate with the whole team following him.

As he goes behind one of the nets, I saw this woman pressed up against the glass and Burakovsky was pointing at her, then Carlson and I think Kempny are looking at her. It took me a second, but I’m like wait a minute, unless she’s wearing a skin colored dress, something is wrong with that picture.

I rewound it and sure enough, there is a young dark haired woman in a white dress flashing all the Caps as they skate by. Ovi skates right by, but Burakovsky notices.

Only in Vegas, lol.
:eek:

Aeroforce

Apr 28, 2012
Houston, TX
Please tell me I’m not the only one who saw the woman in the white dress flashing the Caps players as Ovi got the cup the 2nd time and started skating it around :laugh:

If you are watching the post game on NBC Sports, and have DVR, rewind it to the part where Ovi gets the Cup for the 2nd time and goes for a skate with the whole team following him.

As he goes behind one of the nets, I saw this woman pressed up against the glass and Burakovsky was pointing at her, then Carlson and I think Kempny are looking at her. It took me a second, but I’m like wait a minute, unless she’s wearing a skin colored dress, something is wrong with that picture.

I rewound it and sure enough, there is a young dark haired woman in a white dress flashing all the Caps as they skate by. Ovi skates right by, but Burakovsky notices.

Only in Vegas, lol.
I didn't see that but I'm not surprised.

if memory serves there was a similar situation in LA in 2012 behind the Devil's bench.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
34810775_10215296063647570_4191991155816136704_n.png

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada

Only in Vegas, lol.

I went back and I saw it, not as amazing as it sounded but ya, it was there .

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
I am happy that Washington won the Cup.

The Bruins have lost 12 straight games to the Caps with the last win coming on the road in 2014 but there is no hate - just frustration.

The Caps first GM was Milt Schmidt who was forced to leave the Bruins when Harry Sinden became GM when Westie Adams, Jr. panicked. Milt tried to field a team but the expansion draft in 1974 was not kind to Washington and Kansas City,

main-story.jpg

Jeremy Jacobs to his credit brought Milt back to the organization but without involvement in hockey ops.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Very very happy for Ovechkin

This is the cherry on the top

The Caps owner seems like a sweetheart of a guy - love his wife in the Capitals Backstrom Jersey

Fell asleep at first intermission and just watched rest - going into work for 6 this ought to be fun - up since 2

Reactions: Blowfish

Aeroforce

Apr 28, 2012
Houston, TX
As Gerard Gallant said after the game, the better team won. There certainly are turning points in series, and not to take anything away from Holtby's spectacular save in Game Two, but the Knights had no answer for the Caps.

I imagine all those bookies breathed a huge sigh of relief.

The clock malfunction is inexcusable, and I was surprised there wasn't a backup plan.

The league is doing its best to make inroads to the mainstream; but breaking away during the Cup ceremony doesn't lend credence to their 'Every letter counts' campaign.

It's hard to believe another season has come and gone. I always feel a bit sad, but the break will be nice. Plus hockey has a short off-season.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
Happy for Oshie, Carlson and Beagle.

I’m not a fan of Ovechkin but I’m happy for him as well.

I won’t be shocked if Vegas misses the playoffs next season.

2 weeks until Bergy wins Selke #5 and the NHL Draft.

3 weeks until Dev Camp.

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
I am no fan of the Capitals, but sure glad they won and beat the luckiest team ever in Vegas, their fans and pre game stuff made a mockery of the game.

Reactions: caz16

JCRO

At least I'm safe inside my mind
Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011
Im happy for Ovie.

I have to second what Alicat said a few posts ago- I don't think Vegas makes the playoffs next year either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad