NHL Around the NHL VIII - John Tavares named Captain of the Edmund Fitzgerald

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
Sisson's signing that contract makes me wonder what we can lock up Kuraly for.

maybe 5 yrs at 2.25-2.5?

Why pay for past performance lots of wear and tear way he plays I doubt Florida ends up liking the Acciari deal.

Get 2 more good years and let him go captain Columbus.

I think like Paille we will refuse to give our stud 4th liner and real shot on a higher line.

Wrong guy to pay though chances that he’s hurt in July are too high. All 3 of him Wags and Acciari missed playoff games due to injury.

Reactions: Strafer

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
67313442_10218288349452845_2036795271265910784_n.jpg

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007

Man....

Good for Savvy. Happy for him.

But from drooling over the laffs to joining the St louis coaching staff.. He's moved down a few notches in my mind :sarcasm: :laugh::skeptic:

Good for him i guess.

Salt in the wounds though. Ouch.

KlausJopling

Feb 17, 2003
CT
Visit site
Good for him. I know when he first started to be back in the public eye on twitter he posted alot about looking to get into coaching (specifically OHL). I don't think anything came of it and he started doing some media stuff.

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
Odd that Savard is now helping coach the headshot champions last season. Love what he did in Boston and happy he has made it back to the NHL in terms of his struggle to get his life back to normal. With that being said, f*** him. He is now part of the enemy.

Aeroforce

Apr 28, 2012
Houston, TX
Surprisingly, I don't have any lingering animosity toward the Blues. The Bruins earned a Game 7 at home to win the Cup and laid an egg, which is especially hard to accept since it was some of their best players who were most guilty. That's not on the Blues.

So good for Marc Savard. I would've thought the Blues' best chance would be this upcoming season even before their Cup, so Savard could be in a very good position.

With the site down last night, I haven't yet been able to get caught up on the reasoning for the Leafs acquiring Clarkson. But from what I've read, they can use LTIR to increase their cap by $10 million?

If that's the case it's clearly an attempt to circumvent the cap, and I'm surprised with all the talk of cap recaptures, the league is OK with it.

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
Loved Savard but the guy's only coaching experience is a AAA-bantam team. I imagine they're bringing him in to run the powerplay, which isn't exactly an area of concern for the Bruins.

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
I have lost all respect for him. Coaching in the type of system that ended his career. His message about cleaning up the game is now hollow.
EXACTLY and from what I remember about him and the Sobotka fiasco that cut down on my respect level for him too. So, in the end **** him!

Reactions: missingchicklet

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Team that won the cup on the back of headshots that caused concussions as part of their game plan is hiring Marc Savard? What?

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
I am surprised Savvy would want to coach with those scum. The Bruin really couldn't make that same offer? Too busy hiring defense only coaches?

Reactions: Midship

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston

Man....

Good for Savvy. Happy for him.

But from drooling over the laffs to joining the St louis coaching staff.. He's moved down a few notches in my mind :sarcasm: :laugh::skeptic:

Good for Savvy. Glad to see he's recovered enough to be working and travelling, like Wally said. Would love for the Bruins to find him a job somewhere down the line.

Reactions: Borderbluesfan

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
Can't blame Savard, he wanted to coach in the NHL and maybe nobody was making an offer. How many guys has Marchand concussed?

Yeah that's the way I'm seeing it. He has zero coaching experience and someone offered him a job as an NHL assistant. He's been hanging around golfing for 4-5 years now and is probably bored out of his mind.

Would you turn down the job if the Habs offered to let you be an NHL assistant? I'm sure 99% of this board would take it even if they were only paying $60K a year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad