NHL Around the NHL VII - Blues sign head coach Craig Berube to three-year contract

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aeroforce

Apr 28, 2012
Houston, TX
So Luongo couldn't recapture the glory of his youth, so the Canucks must recapture his salary they cheated the cap on. Who says life isn't fair?

This will be interesting to watch as people have suggested when Shea Weber retires, the league won't actually enforce the recapture penalty.

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
I guess this just comes down to world-view.

Some of the most successful and lauded people I know personally are also some of the worst humans beings I've met.

Inversely, SOme of the pluggers in crap jobs who are living paycheck to paycheck are some of the best human beings I know. They make significant contributions to the lives of people around them and are IMO worthy of the accolaids that the previously mentioned people get.

Because of that, I firmly believe a HoF player can be someone without eye poping numbers. There is more to a hockey player than stats, human beings are more than numbers. Contributing to the lives of the players around you via leadership or just being there for players in need is laudable. If you make a career out of that then yes, I do believe your peers so recognize that.

There’s a difference between not “eye popping” and pedestrian/underwhelming.

I mean if Carbonneau were a defenseman from that era, his numbers would be HOF worthy, but considering how many superior players aren’t in, his selection is simply because of the team he played on.

His selection truky makes the HOF weaker.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Zubov was phenomenal. No issue with him getting in. Rangers trading him to Pitt w Nedved for Ulf and Luc was terrible. Pit dealing him for Hatcher wasn't so hot either

Always thought Zubov was very underrated. Zubov for Hatcher was a steal for Dallas.

He doesn't get the recognition that other great D-men of his generation get (Lidstrom, Pronger, Blake, and Niedermyer) but he was right there with those guys as the best in the game in the late 90s to mid-2000s.

Reactions: trenton1

Gordon Lightfoot

Hey Dotcom. Nice to meet you.
Sponsor
Feb 3, 2009
Carbonneau's career highs, despite playing in the 80s are 26 goals and 56 points and was a career 0.51 ppg

Bergeron currently has 170 more career points in 300 fewer games while playing in a significantly lower scoring era and has a career 0.79 ppg

No comparison

Personally, I :habs no reason for Carbonneau to be in the HHOF. Does anyone :habs why he would be in? I am having trouble :habsing one right now.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
Oh, I forgot the expansion draft wasn't a thing...Y'know, where every team gave away someone for nothing. Lets not act like the Bruins were the only team who lost a player for nothing.

Well, I guess we could have bought Vegas off to not take Colin like some teams did, but that would just haunt the team in a different way. Then we'd hear from some about how they could have used that pick, or that the prospect that went away would have potted 20 for us.

Reactions: AngryMilkcrates
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad