Around The NHL - True Gritty(ness)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Our PP is 3rd worst for goals. That's a problem.

For 5v5 scoring, we're 2nd worst. That's a bigger problem.

Chucky has to shoot more, but no one gets him the puck. I wonder if they put the best passer on the team on the same line with Chucky if that would work? Chucky has the best one timer on the team.

Mosby

Fire Bettman
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
I don’t think many of us are calling for Tocchet to get canned yet. It’s just MacLean.

Oh I know. I’m just thinking of ideas for teams like STL. If they’re not willing to pay for a name, there is little available.

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg
Chucky has to shoot more, but no one gets him the puck. I wonder if they put the best passer on the team on the same line with Chucky if that would work? Chucky has the best one timer on the team.
Gally desperately wants to be a C. Strome is a C. I'm not sure they can fit together and both be happy long term. Vinnistroza is a great setup guy on the wing. He'd be a good copilot for Gally.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Gally desperately wants to be a C. Strome is a C. I'm not sure they can fit together and both be happy long term. Vinnistroza is a great setup guy on the wing. He'd be a good copilot for Gally.
Shooter, passer, plumber always works for me.

Shooters: Galchenyuk, Grabner, Perlini
Passers: Keller, Stepan, Hinostroza, Strome
Plumbers: Fischer, Crouse, Richardson, Cousins
Passenger: Panik

We need one more shooter and one less passenger. Can we turn Panik and Goligoski into a guy who can score a bunch of goals? If we add picks and stuff?

Name Nameless

Don't go more than 10 seconds back on challenges
Apr 12, 2017
Shooter, passer, plumber always works for me.

Shooters: Galchenyuk, Grabner, Perlini
Passers: Keller, Stepan, Hinostroza, Strome
Plumbers: Fischer, Crouse, Richardson, Cousins
Passenger: Panik

We need one more shooter and one less passenger. Can we turn Panik and Goligoski into a guy who can score a bunch of goals? If we add picks and stuff?

The annoying thing with Panik is, he can actually beat goalies if he shoots and hits inside the goal. Very annoying.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011

I understand and I should have made myself a bit clearer, but I meant the PP.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Like to see a game where Strome gets top pairing linemates and Galchenyuk at RW. Maybe play them together. Call it a wacky theory.

Reactions: RemoAZ and Jakey53

GiveAFlyingPuck

Boring hockey aficionado
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2011
NW Valley of the Sun
Here is some true grit

ThoughtfulDependentHermitcrab-max-1mb.gif

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
I don’t think many of us are calling for Tocchet to get canned yet. It’s just MacLean.
I think I'm head of the "I'm not sure about RT" committee. Concerns about system that doesn't necessarily mesh with the roster and the lack of development on what I perceive to be the future core of the team.

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
I think I'm head of the "I'm not sure about RT" committee. Concerns about system that doesn't necessarily mesh with the roster and the lack of development on what I perceive to be the future core of the team.
I'm not calling for him to be fired, but I'm not confident that he's a good head coach either. I think he may be one of those guys who's a great assistant coach but a poor head coach.

Chayka has made some great moves on paper, but he hasn't proved a whole lot yet either. I'm also not calling for him to be fired, but I think a lot of the praise being thrown his way is premature.

Reactions: Jakey53 and RemoAZ

Name Nameless

Don't go more than 10 seconds back on challenges
Apr 12, 2017
Anaheim evens it out (with their first goal of the night, go figure) with 16 seconds remaining vs the Oilers. Of course that turns into a 3 point game.

Grrr... Again...

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
Thoughts on OEL this year? Is he still the best player by far on the team? Is it a problem that the skilled guy can be lazy / nonchalant and prone to incredible bad giveways?

Muppet

7th Round Pick
Mar 13, 2011
I despise that lazy as f*** pass OEL has in his game. The "I'm so good, watch me thread this perfectly to someone who isn't ready" pass. It has directly lead to at least 3 or 4 turnovers and opposition goals already this season. Needs to give himself a good slap.

Reactions: RemoAZ

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Thoughts on OEL this year? Is he still the best player by far on the team? Is it a problem that the skilled guy can be lazy / nonchalant and prone to incredible bad giveways?

He has never impressed me.

I despise that lazy as **** pass OEL has in his game. The "I'm so good, watch me thread this perfectly to someone who isn't ready" pass. It has directly lead to at least 3 or 4 turnovers and opposition goals already this season. Needs to give himself a good slap.

No player is perfect, and ALL players make mistakes. OEL is a stud Dman, and he is always under the microscope and he plays more than anyone else. Imagine him with a team like Colorado. He would be in the running for the Norris. Glad we have him.

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
No player is perfect, and ALL players make mistakes. OEL is a stud Dman, and he is always under the microscope and he plays more than anyone else. Imagine him with a team like Colorado. He would be in the running for the Norris. Glad we have him.
Appreciate the feedback. I only get to watch a few Coyotes games a year so find it hard to gauge how he is playing. Sure wish he had a top pairing partner to handle some of the load.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad