Post-Game Talk: Around the NHL - Trade Deadline Day GDT Pt. II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ray Shero*

Gabby was good temporary pick-up for the Jackets.

Tampa Bay could do a lot more with Bishop if they get their defense together.

And the Wild are looking like a real contender.

Waffle Fries

Mar 7, 2013
Some thoughts:

The Wild's offense is looks really good on paper. Although I think that was a very, very steep price.

I think the fact that Ottawa got a draft pick in the Bishop deal makes them the winners of the trade. Conacher has been quite impressive this year.

I also find the Gaborik trade entertaining just for the sheer irony of how roles reversed from the summer for the Rangers and Blue Jackets.

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex
Well. That was an interesting trade deadline.

Originally I would've said that the Wild were the winners of the day but the price they paid for Pominville was a lot. That's the type of price that you'd expect to pay for Vanek or Miller even.

I like our only move - good risk-free move (Practically) and adds a bit of forward depth. Who was the last Finnish player had? (Oli Mattaa doesn't count).

Captain Hook

Jul 12, 2007
Trade deadline day was good after the slow start. Best one I can remember in a while.

nhindian

Jul 4, 2009
Guess Philly is hoping Sid breaks his jaw again from laughing once he finds out Mason is a Flyer

stefanh

Aug 13, 2006
Gothenburg
So we had a big controverse about tampering and wheather Iginla talked to Crosby or not before the trade becauuse of Tampering:

"There is a thing that gets put up in all the dressing rooms now, and technically players can [be guilty of] tampering," said Friedman. "They're told personal communications to entice a player under contract with any other team to come to your team, that's not allowed. It's sort of put up in any dressing room.

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/nhl...nk-hockey-tonight-jarome-iginla-penguins.html

And now I read this:

Dan Rosen ‏@drosennhl 14m
Gaborik said he spoke with Prospal before the trade and Rick Nash after the trade.

I guess it's only cheating if it involves the pens?

Zero Pucks

Size matters
May 17, 2009
Mason to the Flyers? That's a great place for a young goalie to find his confidence again.

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
I like our only move - good risk-free move (Practically) and adds a bit of forward depth. Who was the last Finnish player had? (Oli Mattaa doesn't count).

Ruutu, I think?

I also like the move. Cheap, low-risk, and if JJ doesn't perform well, you bench him and bring in someone you know, like BB.

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
Also, to put it in perspective 16 forwards is only 4 spares. One nasty series against Boston (for example) could easily clear out all the depth we have.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
If. If everyone gets healthy.

Injuries also have a way of coming fast and furious in the playoffs.

right. you know what I mean though

Also, to put it in perspective 16 forwards is only 4 spares. One nasty series against Boston (for example) could easily clear out all the depth we have.

Oh I'm thrilled we have it. Nobody we could have traded away would have brought back anything very valuable. I'd rather the extra insurance and depth.

moose tracks

Nov 22, 2011
Wow, people on the Caps board are now calling Forsberg a bust lol. Totally in denial that they got ass ***** on that trade! :laugh:

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
right. you know what I mean though

Oh I'm thrilled we have it. Nobody we could have traded away would have brought back anything very valuable. I'd rather the extra insurance and depth.

Sorry, Ogre, that came out more confrontational than I meant it. I was just emphasizing how injuries can and will hit our team, especially if we're physical in the playoffs.

Cspeirs4

Jan 26, 2011
Guess Philly is hoping Sid breaks his jaw again from laughing once he finds out Mason is a Flyer

Ray Shero presser: Hi I'm here to announce our captain Sidney Crosby is out for the year. There were some complications with Sid's jaw upon hearing the Flyers acquisition. No further update. Thanks guys *exits*.

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
Man oh man.... now people can stop *****ing about not drafting Forsberg. :laugh:

One has to wonder if Forsberg would have been such a contentious pick if he'd been snagged by say, the Panthers, instead of the Caps.

Either way, have fun in Nashville, Fillipe!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->