Around the NHL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oil Dood

Sep 17, 2019
I prefer one lottery for the Stanley cup, and one for the draft.

The cup has only not been rewarded twice. Once by greed and once by influenza. It sucks but cancel it this year....good bye to the first BOA in what 30 years?

FlamerForLife

Mon Seanahan
May 22, 2015
Calgary
Not that this is so important but I saw on twitter that some analysts said if the season is suspended, playoff positioning would be determined by points % which currently has us in the 2nd WC position.
Will be interesting to see what the NHL decides today, have to think the suspension is inevitable.

Janks

Pope Janks
Jan 7, 2010
Calgary
Not that this is so important but I saw on twitter that some analysts said if the season is suspended, playoff positioning would be determined by points % which currently has us in the 2nd WC position.
Will be interesting to see what the NHL decides today, have to think the suspension is inevitable.
We would play STL then, I think.

Could be an interesting series.

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
https://nypost.com/2020/03/12/nhl-s...k/?utm_campaign=iosapp&utm_source=twitter_app

PHOENIX, Ariz. — NHL commissioner Gary Bettman reached out to clubs Thursday morning to tell them the regular season would be suspended due to the spread of the coronavirus, a source indicated to The Post. There was a call scheduled for 1 p.m. to work out some of the details on what is a very fluid situation.

The league had already cancelled morning skates and practices Thursday morning, and they told teams to start working with their buildings to find dates to host games into July. An official announcement was expected later Thursday afternoon.

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
giphy.gif

Farewell third round pick. But there are no goodbyes for us. Wherever you are, you will always be in my heart.

Reactions: Johnny Hoxville

flames23

Mar 11, 2010
Burnaby
Is there a way we could be deemed eliminated from playoff contention? Our ROWs are low, we've played more games than say Nashville and Vancouver who are 1 point back each. Canucks could then jump us based on winning % into 3rd in div, and Nashville would jump us based on wildcard winning %. No playoffs. Nashville tragedy stings more now.

I'm also sure we've played more road games than 90% if not all teams so does strength of schedule come into play? Heh. So many questions. Hope people stay safe obviously, just a lot of questions.

FlamerForLife

Mon Seanahan
May 22, 2015
Calgary
Is there a way we could be deemed eliminated from playoff contention? Our ROWs are low, we've played more games than say Nashville and Vancouver who are 1 point back each. Canucks could then jump us based on winning % into 3rd in div, and Nashville would jump us based on wildcard winning %. No playoffs. Nashville tragedy stings more now.

I'm also sure we've played more road games than 90% if not all teams so does strength of schedule come into play? Heh. So many questions. Hope people stay safe obviously, just a lot of questions.
By points we're 3rd in the division and by points % we're 8th in the conference (2nd wild card), those are the only logical ways they'd determine it and we're in the playoffs in both scenarios.

flames23

Mar 11, 2010
Burnaby
points % for preds and canucks would be the same wouldn't it? Why would we be leapfrogged by one but not the other? They both have 32 ROWs if that comes into play, w flames 30 (preds have 35 total wins where flames/canucks have 36, but seems moot)

Edit:Forgot about the Jets. Wed beat them on pts %

Last edited:

Ace Rimmer

Stoke me a clipper.

The straightforward simple method would be to use the current tiebreaker system which is point percentage.

The fairest way would be to redraft the remainder of the schedule to get everyone to 71 games and seed from there.

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
Teams that are on the cusp of making it could play a one-off game for entry into the playoffs and then go from there

i.e. Calgary vs Vancouver and NYI vs Columbus

Boomstick

Oct 29, 2003
St. Catharines, Ontario
Visit site
Well, the news wasn't surprising today. It's about everyone's health which is bigger than any sport right now.
Have any of you been affected in your daily life at all with the pandemic?
Have you been sent home from work?
I work in the auto industry. Ford to be exact. I work at the Oakville Assembly Complex in Oakville Ontario. I am hoping we shut down for a couple of weeks. My factory is old, dirty, we get auto parts from all over the world, we have over 4000 people working daily, and our plant is full of mice and raccoons and other vermin.
Our washrooms aren't very clean, since people are naturally slobs and treat washrooms like hell.
So far I'm still scheduled to go to work for my shift today. I'm worried though, the world is in a tail spin yet cars must still be built......I disagree with that. A lot of states are trying to disperse crowds, yet I have to go to work with a couple thousand other people. It's an assembly plant, everywhere I turn there's people.
Anyways, how about you guys?
Everyone stay safe, hopefully we all get through this.

Basko34

Feb 5, 2015
Munich, Germany
Working from home and doing alright, but I can predict a major dip in our pipeline already For this year (software sales)
at the end its people business and you need to be on-site
But there is more important than business obviously
The whole situation seems unreal TBH at least here in europe and I guess the peak is not even there
my mother in law works with old people at a retirement home, she is very concerned...
In the meantime, I spend my time with Barkov at the Flames ;-)
At least something

Attachments

• 79EBCD27-2E39-4033-B69A-92E0F3855FC1.jpeg
    79EBCD27-2E39-4033-B69A-92E0F3855FC1.jpeg
    115 KB · Views: 3
Reactions: Boomstick
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad