Around the NHL Thread - Found the Missing #16

Status
Not open for further replies.

DirtDiver

Aug 14, 2017
Canada
I think the difference maker in this years play offs will be our captain my captain Gio. He has not seen play offs for a while now and he will be hungry to make a difference. Also he is having a career year and defying age lol.

Reactions: Janks

crackdown44

Cold milk cools down hot food
Dec 1, 2017
Poehling with two goals so far for Montreal tonight in his first game. Makes me a bit more nervous about Makar. These kids can come in and play. We all remember Bennett too

Aug 3, 2010
I know the Dallas-Minnesota game has **implications** for Calgary's first-round matchup, but forcing myself to watch a Wild game, especially when it's not against the Flames, is basically the equivalent of entertainment suicide.

0-0 heading into the third.

Reactions: Corpus X

crackdown44

Dec 1, 2017

Tee hee. "Duties"

I could see it. He and Tallon have a history and it would definitely help them land Panarin. Quenneville probably wouldn’t mind the beach either and not being under a microscope. That team has a ton of potential too and lots of assets/cap space to get better

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
Buffalo fired their coach too. Makes me think that we would've been going into this season with Gulutzan if there wasn't all that smoke about Bill Peters exercising his out clause from the Canes

SKRusty

Napalm
Jan 20, 2016
Now that it is official as long as Ottawa doesn't win the first pick overall they made the right choice in taking Brady last year. That said the difference between Brady and Jack Hughes is not that great. It is not like Jack will be in either Eichel's or Matthews talent range and while a very good young hockey player he will likely end up in the same tier as Monahan or Scheifele. Brady like his brother brings so many intangibles and leadership qualities that their choice to take Brady will likely further the rebuild more than Hughes.

This years draft class IMO is likely compares to the 2014 draft class or maybe even the 2012 class for first round talent.

crackdown44

Dec 1, 2017
Now that it is official as long as Ottawa doesn't win the first pick overall they made the right choice in taking Brady last year. That said the difference between Brady and Jack Hughes is not that great. It is not like Jack will be in either Eichel's or Matthews talent range and while a very good young hockey player he will likely end up in the same tier as Monahan or Scheifele. Brady like his brother brings so many intangibles and leadership qualities that their choice to take Brady will likely further the rebuild more than Hughes.

This years draft class IMO is likely compares to the 2014 draft class or maybe even the 2012 class for first round talent.

I’d say it has to fall outside of the top 2 for it to be a good decision. That being said picking 4 with Brady on the board you make that pick and hope for the best next year 10 times out of 10

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
Buffalo fired their coach too. Makes me think that we would've been going into this season with Gulutzan if there wasn't all that smoke about Bill Peters exercising his out clause from the Canes

I would’ve barfed. What a f***ing awful coach we had there. Vezina caliber goaltending for most of the year and still on the bubble when he said this was a 100 pt roster. Guess it was, just without him.

Last edited:

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary

giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad