Around the NHL Thread - Found the Missing #16

Status
Not open for further replies.

FlamerForLife

Mon Seanahan
May 22, 2015
Calgary
If Dallas gets 1 point tomorrow it would lock Colorado in as our first round matchup. The Stars play @ Chicago tomorrow and then host Minnesota Saturday and the Avs play @ San Jose Saturday. Most likely we play the Avs but you never know, if Dallas loses both games and Colorado beats San Jose then we get Dallas in round 1.

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
If Dallas gets 1 point tomorrow it would lock Colorado in as our first round matchup. The Stars play @ Chicago tomorrow and then host Minnesota Saturday and the Avs play @ San Jose Saturday. Most likely we play the Avs but you never know, if Dallas loses both games and Colorado beats San Jose then we get Dallas in round 1.

Hope to god no. They actually have a good chance of beating us.

FlamerForLife

Mon Seanahan
May 22, 2015
Calgary
Hope to god no. They actually have a good chance of beating us.
Yep, Dallas is the only team in the west we didn't beat this season and we're 0-6 against them since the start of last season, so hopefully they can beat Chicago tomorrow and that way we avoid them in round 1.

Pizza the Hutt

Game 6 Truther
Mar 22, 2012
I'm a bit torn - Colorado seems like the easier match-up but the are rolling hard right now, while Dallas is playing sub-500. Grubauer is also playing out of his mind - just as good as Bishop over the last month.

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
I’m gonna be mad if we have to play Dallas. Not that I don’t think the Flames can adjust but they do a real good job shutting down our system. Not ideal.

FlamerForLife

Mon Seanahan
May 22, 2015
Calgary
Another scary thing about a potential Dallas matchup is that we haven't scored on Bishop since November 2017. Khudobin was in net for the 4-3 OTL this season and Bishop had a shutout against Feb 2018 and partial shutouts in December 2018 and March 2019 having to leave those games due to injury both times.

Janks

Pope Janks
Jan 7, 2010
Calgary
Connor McDavid frustrated as Oilers miss the playoffs again: ‘It sucks obviously’

Connor McDavid is frustrated? I don't think any of us saw this coming. 31 thoughts podcast Elliot talked about Edmonton having 2 years left before McDavid demands a trade. I've been saying that since the coaching change earlier this year.
I’d be willing to bet it’s sooner than that before he demands a trade in private. I can’t imagine him being happy they continually miss the playoffs while having 2 elite players.

Corpus X

Wearing Stanley's cup.
May 24, 2014
Calgary
I’d be willing to bet it’s sooner than that before he demands a trade in private. I can’t imagine him being happy they continually miss the playoffs while having 2 elite players.
It depends on who the Oilers hire in the office. Not only GM and coaches but scouts and hockey operations who are all on the same page and culture structure. It's going to be crazy difficult. It's mind boggling.

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
The Jackets were 7 seconds away from clinching but they're now headed to OT pending a coach's challenge

Jackets win in a shootout. Excited for them

Last edited:
Reactions: Pizza the Hutt

Janks

Pope Janks
Jan 7, 2010
Calgary
The Stars are throwing their remaining games to play us.
Looking like it, yikes. Colorado needs to lose tomorrow, I don’t trust Minnesota rolling over for the Stars either.

Although, would Colorado rather play us or NSH/WPG? I’d assume they have incentive to lose as well, no?

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
Reactions: Corpus X

Janks

Pope Janks
Jan 7, 2010
Calgary
Amazing how Oilers fans openly state (main board lotery poll) they want to win the lotery and they need 1st overall.

The Stars need to go at least to OT or the Avs need to lose tonight.
Ya, a first overall could really change their luck. :laugh:

And putting all my vBucks on a Colorado win. Hopefully I’m vPoor by tomorrow morning

Reactions: Cappuccino

crackdown44

Cold milk cools down hot food
Dec 1, 2017
Looking like it, yikes. Colorado needs to lose tomorrow, I don’t trust Minnesota rolling over for the Stars either.

Although, would Colorado rather play us or NSH/WPG? I’d assume they have incentive to lose as well, no?

That’s the bad part, Colorado does better against Winnipeg/Nash but Dallas does better against us. I’m sure both would rather switch places right now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad