Around the NHL Thread - Found the Missing #16

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
The Flames and the Sharks are on pretty opposite puck luck streaks lately. Kane with his second goal in the last three that involved him throwing a puck blindly and harmlessly on net and somehow having it go in.

Flames need to get back to "feeling it" like they were before the break.

Reactions: Boomstick

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
At the end of the day, the Sharks will eke out a 1 pt advantage on us but we still have two games in hand. They come against difficult opponents but there's no reason we can't rise to the task

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
At the end of the day, the Sharks will eke out a 1 pt advantage on us but we still have two games in hand. They come against difficult opponents but there's no reason we can't rise to the task

We just need to weather the current streak. No way we just forgot how to score on grade-A chances over the break, and no way the Sharks have everything go in every game for the rest of the season. I wouldn't be surprised if we end up firmly behind the Sharks, but then go on a run of our own and take it back.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
We just need to weather the current streak. No way we just forgot how to score on grade-A chances over the break, and no way the Sharks have everything go in every game for the rest of the season. I wouldn't be surprised if we end up firmly behind the Sharks, but then go on a run of our own and take it back.
Apart from the 3rd periods, we have very much struggled to score on grade-A chances through most of the year though. These past two games are what it would have looked like without the 3rd period comebacks and without good goaltending.

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
Apart from the 3rd periods, we have very much struggled to score on grade-A chances through most of the year though. These past two games are what it would have looked like without the 3rd period comebacks and without good goaltending.
I think it looks that way because we generate a lot of grade A chances and naturally many won't be capitalized upon. We're still 5th in first period scoring

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
I disagree. In a lot of those third period comebacks, there has been a noticeable shift in the way we play in the third. We go from trading chances to not letting the other team breathe at all and dominating in all facets of the game. Shot totals indicate the same thing, often, and the goals are basically inevitable with the pressure we put the other team under. In other games where that isn't the case, we often just don't show up at all and get lucky.

The Gnome

May 17, 2010
Calgary
I think they need to get into a rhythm again schedule wise. Wait and see I guess, not feeling great about taking on the clear front runners tonight.

SKRusty

Napalm
Jan 20, 2016
IIStH44l.jpg

The tank is on.

Trade List:
  • Cam Talbot Check- Parachute Deployed
  • Kris Russell - I will stop pucks with my face to get out of here
  • Brandon Manning - Please Baby... DOwn 3 d-men I am your man. I will be happy to sit in the press box.
  • Lucic- Edmonton will pay you to take me.. Rattie and I will be a pair.
  • Puljujarvi - Edmonton messed me up so now I must go.
  • Sekera- Just have to stay healthy for 2 months to get out of here
  • Kassian- And I quit drinking before I came here? Aww Man...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad