Around the NHL Thread - Found the Missing #16

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Snrub

I like the way Snrub thinks!
Oct 12, 2016
Tampa only just now hit 10 regulation losses on the year. I almost hope we don't win the Western Conference because it seems like a foregone conclusion that the Lightning are winning the cup this season and I don't want to get my hopes up for nothing.

Janks

Pope Janks
Jan 7, 2010
Calgary
Tampa only just now hit 10 regulation losses on the year. I almost hope we don't win the Western Conference because it seems like a foregone conclusion that the Lightning are winning the cup this season and I don't want to get my hopes up for nothing.
Feel free to jump off the bandwagon then. Ain’t nothing stopping our ride from taking the cup back this year.

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
I think I'd actually cry if Ferland went to Edmonton. He'd be an incredible fit alongside McDavid and would allow the Oilers to keep Draisaitl on the second line. Thank goodness they have so little cap space.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
The only team I'd want Ferland on in the west is Calgary, otherwise I hope he stays out East.

I don't really care where he ends up. Decent player, but not a player I lose sleep over if he ends up in our conference or division even.
I do agree though, he'd be a 20-30 goal man easily with McDavid each year, also a pretty decent deterrent for physical stuff on key players if he's on the line. Like a poor man's Tom Wilson.

Reactions: GAMO1992

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
If Patrick Maroon can get 30 goals with McDavid, Ferland sure as hell can. But I wouldn't stress too much over it. If they do pursue him and he gets his alleged ask which could be close to 6M, that's gonna really put a strain on the rest of the Oilers lineup. They've really painted themselves into a corner to the point where even if they do find a suitable winger for McDavid, it's going to reduce the quality of the rest of their forwards (even further) unless they get lucky with some rookies or bargain bin deals.

flamesforcup

Sep 5, 2017
Speaking of the Oilers in their playoff picture thread there saying they want to face Calgary because we can easily be bullied and we're a soft team Lmfao. They literally have no shame they win 2 games in a row and suddenly act like there the broadstreet bullies. I really hope we face them because i would love to shut them up. This is why Edmonton fans deserve where they are.

Reactions: Johnny Hoxville

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
Speaking of the Oilers in their playoff picture thread there saying they want to face Calgary because we can easily be bullied and we're a soft team Lmfao. They literally have no shame they win 2 games in a row and suddenly act like there the broadstreet bullies. I really hope we face them because i would love to shut them up. This is why Edmonton fans deserve where they are.
Cool, they can bully us while we score 100 goals in 4 games.

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
Yes, we all know that Presidents Trophy winners have a long and dated history of winning the Cup.

Reactions: Janks

crackdown44

Cold milk cools down hot food
Dec 1, 2017
Yes, we all know that Presidents Trophy winners have a long and dated history of winning the Cup.

This is why teams shouldn’t try to mortgage the future too much in order to make that big move that “puts them over the top”

So many factors go into winning the cup, I think you have to draft well and be sustainably competitive. Make the playoffs regularly and hope everything goes right one year. Any one of 7-8 teams can probably win the cup each year, if not more

Reactions: Janks

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
This is why teams shouldn’t try to mortgage the future too much in order to make that big move that “puts them over the top”

So many factors go into winning the cup, I think you have to draft well and be sustainably competitive. Make the playoffs regularly and hope everything goes right one year. Any one of 7-8 teams can probably win the cup each year, if not more

NHL hockey is the hardest one to peg.
Like in the NBA, you know what the final 4 will look like at the start of the season. In the NHL, it could be anyone.

Like, if you ran a simulation 100 times last year, with Washington being down 0-2; how many of those have them winning the entire thing. I like most sims would have them out of the first round within the next 3-4 games.

Or if you ran a simulation for last Pittsburgh cup, how many of those have two goalies coming in, playing at a combined ~930 SV% and 2.0GGA? Like, if you ran the sim 100 times, I don't think you'd get that much at all, considering how many shots and chances that team surrendered.

flamesforcup

Sep 5, 2017
NHL hockey is the hardest one to peg.
Like in the NBA, you know what the final 4 will look like at the start of the season. In the NHL, it could be anyone.

Like, if you ran a simulation 100 times last year, with Washington being down 0-2; how many of those have them winning the entire thing. I like most sims would have them out of the first round within the next 3-4 games.

Or if you ran a simulation for last Pittsburgh cup, how many of those have two goalies coming in, playing at a combined ~930 SV% and 2.0GGA? Like, if you ran the sim 100 times, I don't think you'd get that much at all, considering how many shots and chances that team surrendered.
Yea hockeys probably the one sport that rely's on luck the most. You get a general idea of the top team than the rest is up to luck.

crackdown44

Cold milk cools down hot food
Dec 1, 2017
Jets, Sharks both down 1 after 1. All the teams competing with Edmonton for the wild card also won/are winning

Unlimited Chequing

Christian Yellow
Jan 29, 2009
Calgary, Alberta
Jets, Sharks both down 1 after 1. All the teams competing with Edmonton for the wild card also won/are winning

giphy.gif

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Not sure if anyone's mentioned this yet, but Ovechkin's much-publicized withdrawal from the All-Star Game means he must sit out one game. His first game after the break?

Against Calgary.

Reactions: Mr Snrub

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
Not sure if anyone's mentioned this yet, but Ovechkin's much-publicized withdrawal from the All-Star Game means he must sit out one game. His first game after the break?

Against Calgary.
IIRC he can choose between the last game before or the first game after the ASG. So he could sit out vs Toronto or Calgary.

Reactions: Johnny Hoxville

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
IIRC he can choose between the last game before or the first game after the ASG. So he could sit out vs Toronto or Calgary.
You're correct, but I can't see him sitting out the Toronto game. I don't think anyone ever sits out the one before, but I could be wrong.

The game after is the one where the team is usually out of sorts anyway, so less impact missing that one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->