Around the NHL Thread - Found the Missing #16

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
I would say it was the blown 3-1 lead in third period, culminating in 0 points out of 6 against western Canada

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
Found a much longer detailed video. Gosh.. I wonder what Stamkos is saying to the Edmonton bench?? :sarcasm:

Mr Snrub

I like the way Snrub thinks!
Oct 12, 2016
Found a much longer detailed video. Gosh.. I wonder what Stamkos is saying to the Edmonton bench?? :sarcasm:

I'm no lip-reader but I think I picked up a word or two. Also glad to see Tampa didn't completely lie down.

Janks

Pope Janks
Jan 7, 2010
Calgary
Can’t imagine there’s no suspension for Lucic there. Deliberate, blind side hit and not a hockey play at all. I’d be surprised if it’s less than 2 games

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
That's the thing. People talk about policing the game. But you can't just fight the guy if he doesn't want to fight, so that's impractical. If you want to send a message, you go out and deliver your own hit. But if you are too slow to do that cleanly, you have to do something outrageously illegal like this. And now the game is going to police Lucic back.

crackdown44

Cold milk cools down hot food
Dec 1, 2017
I don’t know what DoPS will do about it, there’s not really precedent here. Haven’t seen anything like this before. The result wasn’t that bad but I think the main concern is that this could have been a lot worse for Joseph. He wasn’t looking and the puck was no where near him, Lucic is a big lad too. Glad there weren’t any serious injuries

Khrox

May 31, 2018
I don’t know what DoPS will do about it, there’s not really precedent here. Haven’t seen anything like this before. The result wasn’t that bad but I think the main concern is that this could have been a lot worse for Joseph. He wasn’t looking and the puck was no where near him, Lucic is a big lad too. Glad there weren’t any serious injuries
Not only was that hit pretty bad, but the fact that he held him to the ground and kept punching him. But everything about this play was just wrong. Yes, Joseph made a bit of a questionable hit on Russell a few shifts earlier, but that was still a hockey play. What Lucic did was not only extremely questionable, but nowhere near the vicinity of a hockey play.

Reactions: Janks

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
Oof, the canes did not have a good night, and it seems they are wearing thin with Hamilton as well, especially since he isn't producing offense. With Ferland being a ufa, this could turn ugly for them if fox isn't something special.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Worst part about that brawl; I have multiple TB players on my fantasy team; none of them were involved :thumbd: no PIM points for me.

Reactions: Johnny Hoxville

Flames Fanatic

Mediocre
Aug 14, 2008
Cochrane
I wouldn't be surprised if they throw a big suspension at him for that. Hit him with the puck nowhere near, tackled him, repeated hits to the head with it being not even a fight.

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
I wouldn't be surprised if they throw a big suspension at him for that. Hit him with the puck nowhere near, tackled him, repeated hits to the head with it being not even a fight.
Nah... I expect he'll get one or two games. It looked much worse than it really was. Joseph really didn't get hurt by Lucic... but the total optics were really bad... Lucic hunting him down, sucker punching him, and then pinning him to the ground like a school yard bully.

Thats why he'll get a one or two game suspension.. because he made the league look bad. Frankly it looked like something out of the movie Slapshot.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
It's pretty much the Bertuzzi play with a different outcome. Laughable that anyone thought it shouldn't be suspended.

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
This surprised me. I thought he would get at least one game.

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
Lucic is a moron. But I'm not surprised that it's just a fine as there was no actual injury on the play. There were different ways of holding Joseph accountable for that dirty hit though that are more legal

Janks

Pope Janks
Jan 7, 2010
Calgary
I kind of hope there's no suspension. The Oilers would probably be a better team with Lucic off the ice. They should be forced to play for at least 3o minutes a game as a real punishment.

Saw this on the Oiler board, and agree with your assessment :laugh:

Reactions: Calculon
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->