Not open for further replies.

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
5ff691869cbe6b0e6e48bb5ff9f2769c.jpg

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
I don't doubt it's a common thing to complain about your bosses but trouble sure does seem to follow Duchene where ever he goes.

And no doubt whoever released that Sens video is going to catch a lot of flack and deservedly so.

Reactions: InfinityIggy

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
Oilers absolutely ripping Talbot to shreds. I cannot imagine their reaction if they had to deal with Smith constantly

Ace Rimmer

Stoke me a clipper.
I don't doubt it's a common thing to complain about your bosses but trouble sure does seem to follow Duchene where ever he goes.

And no doubt whoever released that Sens video is going to catch a lot of flack and deservedly so.
Apparently it was recorded in an Uber or something.

It's like a dumpster fire, but in this case the dumpster on fire is also filled with tires on fire. And sadness.

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009

Squat will happen to the Uber driver who released the video. Its his car and nobody should have an expectation of privacy in a cab for hire. Also the driver contracts out to drive for Uber.. he's not an employee of Uber. It was kind of a shitty thing to do but I'm a hockey fan. He most likely isn't. Why would he give a shit about the Ottawa Senators and its players? Hell, if I was offered enough money, and I was that driver (and I'm a hockey fan) I'd probably sell the video too.
The only people who should be catching flak for the video are the players. When in a public place the should keep their mouths shut if they get the urge to bitch about their team mates and coaches. Bitching is fine. Everyone does it at one time or another. Just do it in private.

SKRusty

Napalm
Jan 20, 2016
Apparently it was recorded in an Uber or something.

It's like a dumpster fire, but in this case the dumpster on fire is also filled with tires on fire. And sadness.

Just like anything else now-a-days. The second there is an electronic device near you, you must treat it as if it is recording you. I hope the Uber driver gets sued and charged for invading their privacy. Don't know how many times I blew off steam about a boss or and employee for that matter and in the scheme of things this will likely make the coach better and the players better.

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
I wonder what our players said behind closed doors, last season

Don't know why but I pictured them all circling Hamilton and chanting "Dougie has a mangina! Dougie has a mangina!" and from that day on Dougie never sang again. Kind of do doubt they had a ton of respect for the coaching staff though. Throwing a stick in practice and his only answer to a losing streak is getting the boys drunk on a train always read like he was that substitute teacher that never had control of their classroom to me. Likable guy, nice guy, smart hockey mind, but not really the coach who demands respect, which is exactly what a young group like this needs.

As for the Sens video... not a good look obviously. but I think that's just guys blowing off steam as guys are want to do. Certainly said worse myself. We live in an age where there's really no such thing as practical privacy anymore, and people just seem to forget that all the time. Definitely feel for Senators fans, there's a lot of organizations in the NHL that I like the way they do business, the Ottawa Senators are not one of them.

Reactions: Cyrano

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
Don't know why but I pictured them all circling Hamilton and chanting "Dougie has a mangina! Dougie has a mangina!" and from that day on Dougie never sang again. Kind of do doubt they had a ton of respect for the coaching staff though. Throwing a stick in practice and his only answer to a losing streak is getting the boys drunk on a train always read like he was that substitute teacher that never had control of their classroom to me. Likable guy, nice guy, smart hockey mind, but not really the coach who demands respect, which is exactly what a young group like this needs.

As for the Sens video... not a good look obviously. but I think that's just guys blowing off steam as guys are want to do. Certainly said worse myself. We live in an age where there's really no such thing as practical privacy anymore, and people just seem to forget that all the time. Definitely feel for Senators fans, there's a lot of organizations in the NHL that I like the way they do business, the Ottawa Senators are not one of them.
tumblr_mszu8l7fHN1sfzovyo1_500.gif

Im not shocked that it was said, Im sure players on almost every team say similar things. However, being in a Uber/Cab/whatever isnt the place.

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary
I wonder what our players said behind closed doors, last season

"Paul Jerrard -> PK --> Who's looking forward to Staj and Brouw getting lit up tonight?"
"Glen Gulutzan -->
Hey guys what're your emotional bank account balances?
Johnny: Twelve hundred emotions
Giordano: I'm at three thousand emotions
Bennett: A thousand emotions, but the penalty interest is still hurting even though I haven't taken one all month.
Brouwer: I prefer not to discuss compensatory matters with my coworkers"

The Dave Cameron one probably speaks for itself so I didn't bother.

Flames Fanatic

Mediocre
Aug 14, 2008
Cochrane
I'd be surprised if we hit the new year before he's hired somewhere, unless he is being picky and waiting for one of his choosing.

Mr Snrub

I like the way Snrub thinks!
Oct 12, 2016
Hey, wait a minute, we were the last team to play Chicago. That means we got Quenneville fired, right? :sarcasm:

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
Interesting straw that broke the camel's back

The Blackhawks did not put a player in the penalty box for the ejected Duncan Keith last Saturday night in Calgary, and were caught killing an extra 1:47 when there was no whistle as the five minutes expired. That’s too coincidental to be anything but the final straw in the lengthy behind-the-scenes Cold War between Quenneville and Stan Bowman. Bowman once again rejected that characterization, saying it is “just not true,” but there is way too much smoke out there not to believe…something.
Friedman

Reactions: Johnny Hoxville
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad