Around the NHL Thread - Found the Missing #16

Status
Not open for further replies.

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
I think we can consider them not a tire-fire. To be good, they have to actually play some quality competition and show it.
This. 5-0 is impressive but they've all been come from behind teams against non-playoff teams from last year. Will be interesting to see how they match up against a complete team.

Vordus

May 9, 2014
Calgary
@hangman005
Re: comment "at least you guys [Flames] can beat us [Vegas]" in last night game thread

(why is the thread already locked, it's not even noon the next day... )

Anyway,
Flames can't beat Vegas. They've never beat a Vegas regular roster.

Only time we ever won vs VGK was late last year after Vegas had just clinched a playoff spot and were resting all their good players and probably didn't give a crap about a meaningless game that wouldn't change their standings either way. (correct me if I'm wrong).

I'll always cheer the Flames but I'm a realist. Flames can't beat Vegas.
One day, If they do, I'll be very very impressed.

CoffeyMcMan

Mar 24, 2017
Hamburg, Germany
This. 5-0 is impressive but they've all been come from behind teams against non-playoff teams from last year. Will be interesting to see how they match up against a complete team.

While I agree that it's not been the hardest matches for the oilers so far, that simply is not true. Islanders were very much a playoff team last year (swept the penguins in round 1)

Reactions: Drop Shock

Dack

Jun 16, 2014
The Oilers have 2 games where they've had good fancy stats and are shooting 16% as a team. I don't believe they're good yet, they need a lot more games like the one against NYR for me to believe that. But it's always good to get those early season wins.

Captain Controversy

Apr 30, 2015
Alberta
Good Teams have to capitalize on beating trash teams. If you don't beat the trash teams,
(Playing to the level of the opponent) you probably aren't going to the playoffs.

Last edited:

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
Must have misheard the announcers. It was something something Oilers first five games #unsustainable.
You mean coming from behind in the first 5 games, trailing for only 41 minutes this season which is 7th best?

And it is most likely you misheard the oilers announcers, they’re clueless, especially Quinn.

happy thanksgiving all.

Darkwinter

Apr 4, 2010
As much as Calgary sucks and Edmonton sucks as per hf board . I for one would love to see a conference final with these two teams and whatever team wins out would win the Stanley cup ..That would bring so much pride to Alberta and shut up the rest of hf board bitching about our teams ..I may not care for Calgary when it comes to playing Edmonton but if Edmonton is out of the running I am cheering for you guys

crackdown44

Cold milk cools down hot food
Dec 1, 2017
I know Anaheim is off to a good start (mostly due to Gibson) but Getzlaf has looked terrible in the games I’ve watched

He’s very slow and doesn’t appear to be able to keep up at all outside of the cycle game in the offensive zone

Body Checker

Aug 11, 2005
I see Neal's plus minus is at zero. Oilers have had 13 goals against. Since Neal's got 7 goals and likely been on the ice for a bunch more then he must of been on the ice for the majority of those 13 goals against. I haven't checked the official advanced analytics on that though. Plus he doesn't play the PK so his even strength numbers must really suck.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
I see Neal's plus minus is at zero. Oilers have had 13 goals against. Since Neal's got 7 goals and likely been on the ice for a bunch more then he must of been on the ice for the majority of those 13 goals against. I haven't checked the official advanced analytics on that though. Plus he doesn't play the PK so his even strength numbers must really suck.
5 goals on the powerplay.

at 5 on 5 hes been on the ice for 3gf, 2ga.

1 of his minus' is from a shorthanded goal the oilers gave up, another is from smith forgetting how to play the puck.

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
Did Neal seriously score again lmfao

Just making Treliving look like a total idiot. Who knew this had the potential to blow up spectacularly... Neal will likely score 30 goals while the flames took on a total boat-anchor. A++ asset management tre.

And I could care less about the fit Neal had here, but making Edmonton a better team at our expense is inexcusable. Flames fans won't hear the end of it for years to come.

Reactions: Darkwinter

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
Neal has 6 of his 8 goals on the power play. I'm not impressed.

And that piece of garbage human was never playing another game as a Flame after he was benched in the playoffs last year.

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
Just making Treliving look like a total idiot. Who knew this had the potential to blow up spectacularly... Neal will likely score 30 goals while the flames took on a total boat-anchor. A++ asset management tre.

And I could care less about the fit Neal had here, but making Edmonton a better team at our expense is inexcusable. Flames fans won't hear the end of it for years to come.

He scored a PP goal in a loss on a empty net that any poster here could have scored.

How exactly is he making them better? He hasn’t scored a single goal this year that wasn’t 100% created by someone else or that you or I couldn’t have scored if we were inserted in the line-up for Neal.

Reactions: Drop Shock

Lunatik

Normal is an illusion.
Oct 12, 2012
Padded Room
Neal is now -1, He's been on the ice for 4 goals against and 11 goals for, 8 of which were on the PP.

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
He scored a PP goal in a loss on a empty net that any poster here could have scored.

How exactly is he making them better? He hasn’t scored a single goal this year that wasn’t 100% created by someone else or that you or I couldn’t have scored if we were inserted in the line-up for Neal.

By having 8 goals on the year... regardless of how he gets them and how far he’ll regress, he’s probably already outproduced lucic...

2/3 of our fwd group doesn’t have a goal... the flames haven’t scored a single goal with lucic on the ice and he’s a -3 on the year. Bringing on a player that has shown to be an ever bigger anchor at everything but hitting stuff doesn’t improve the actual team, shocker.

I’ll let this one play out at this point. People who are adamant here or anywhere else won’t be admitting anything at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->