OT: Around the NHL - the playoffs are upon us

Status
Not open for further replies.

CascadiaPenguin

Sponsor
Jul 5, 2017
The Salish Sea
I’m actually ok with that. They’re going to have to give up a lot to get him so they will probably get worse. Rangers have a habit of being too impatient and screwing up potentially contending teams for a big name.
Rangers have been remarkably committed to the rebuild since "The Letter", and have gotten Penguinesque lottery luck AND Panarin, but your point is well-made- Eichel won't come cheap, and NYR had a ton of young assets to trade.

Reactions: canadianguy77

CascadiaPenguin

Sponsor
Jul 5, 2017
The Salish Sea
I think you have to look at them like you once looked at the Pens. Until proven otherwise, assume the champs know how to flip the switch.
Funny, I was just going to post a response to @Ryder71 warning against the very same. We've had our share of underperforming performances prior to barely making the playoffs, and then shitting the bed instead of turning it on. Of course, we also had 1993 as well, which defies logic, rational thinking, and good taste. If nothing else, we're in for entertaining hockey for the next few months. I now need to shower after pulling for Boston earlier...

Reactions: KIRK

CascadiaPenguin

Sponsor
Jul 5, 2017
The Salish Sea
Exceptional team and inexplicably flying under the radar. Zero pressure. Wouldn't be a surprise.
But how will we know if the Panthers' BB&T Arena is covid-restricted or just empty? One of the the things I do miss form living in SW Florida. I could drive across the Everglades and see a Panthers game for less $ than it cost to see a Everblades ECHL game, pretty much always in front of a packed house in scenic Estero, Fl.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Big issue with the Canes is goaltending. As it always is. Wouldn’t be surprised to see the Cats roll Tampa.

Hypothetical conference finalists right now for me.. Toronto, St Louis, Carolina, PIT.

I’m not saying PIT just because I’m a fan. I think they have a shot every year, but this team has some of that magic we haven’t seen in a few years and they are seemingly getting the path they need to win it all.

Reactions: HandshakeLine

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
Big issue with the Canes is goaltending. As it always is. Wouldn’t be surprised to see the Cats roll Tampa.

Hypothetical conference finalists right now for me.. Toronto, St Louis, Carolina, PIT.
I agree with TOR and Maybe PIT but that's about it.

Panthers gonna ''roll'' Tampa huh? lmao

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
I’m not saying PIT just because I’m a fan. I think they have a shot every year, but this team has some of that magic we haven’t seen in a few years and they are seemingly getting the path they need to win it all.
Here's what you want to see thinking long term this season. You want the Avs and the Knights to win one more game each. That would be great! The Knights really only need one point TBH.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Yes but we're not allowed to hope for injuries so I hoped people would just infer my actual meaning. :)

If you look at it from a "greater good" view, if the Caps get injured then the rest of the league will remain healthy because they won't have their neanderthals running around injuring them.

See? When you really think about it I'm looking out for the safety and well-being of the other 30 teams!

Ginormousthumbs

Jul 7, 2013
West Side
Not sure I buy this. I think you can say the worst teams in the west are every bit as bad as, if not worse than, the worst in the north. But I'll take the top 4 in the west over the top 4 in the north without a moment's pause.

Yeah I’m saying the bad teams in the West are worse than the bad teams in the North.
As far as the top 4 go in each, I haven’t a clue.

Ginormousthumbs

Jul 7, 2013
West Side
33981AE2-2386-4FBD-8605-A77B98A4C6C5.jpeg
Stamkos and Kucherov are hurt? Are you sure?

What's up with Hedman?

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
Kucherov has been hurt all season.

Stamkos hasn’t played in a month.

Hedman reportedly needs surgery.
Kucherov has been playing possum for what two months now? Stamkos is a good to go according to a TB beat writer as of friday I believe.

Hedman I'm less sure about and don't have any idea what's going on with McDonagh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad