Around The NHL - The Craig Morgan Vacation Watch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mosby

Fire Bettman
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Chayka had this to say on Demers:

General manager John Chayka declined to say if Demers would require a procedure.

“I think a player’s health is personal,” Chayka said. “He is out indefinitely.”

Dirty Old Man

So funny I forgot to laugh
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2008
Ostrich City
I haven't played fantasy football for a few years so I don't look at NFL injury reports, but they were always relatively straightforward. Which, the difference in philosophy seems odd. And it's not like their opponents won't target them, too.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Chayka had this to say on Demers:

General manager John Chayka declined to say if Demers would require a procedure.

“I think a player’s health is personal,” Chayka said. “He is out indefinitely.”
Silly. Nobody needs to know if he gets the clap but does he have a sprained ankle? What’s the harm. Why tell fans salaries? Or how many years contracts are for? Or who’s a free agent?

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
MLB injury report lists the afflicted area. For example, Zach Greinke is out with a groin injury.

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
Silly. Nobody needs to know if he gets the clap but does he have a sprained ankle? What’s the harm. Why tell fans salaries? Or how many years contracts are for? Or who’s a free agent?
Salary disclosure isn't for fans, that's the excuse used to make sure all players know how much more they should be asking for.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
That’s not why. The reason is the league makes a lot of money and fans pay to see the players. Their salaries aren’t crazy. They’re a reflection of the profits the league makes and the part the players have in that.
I disagree. One of the reasons for the ridiculous salary inflation is the agent's know what everyone is making. They use that big time for contract renewal all the time.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
I disagree. One of the reasons for the ridiculous salary inflation is the agent's know what everyone is making. They use that big time for contract renewal all the time.
It’s not ridiculous. Salaries aren’t ridiculous. Owners charge fans as much as the market will pay. Players charge the owners as much as they will pay. It’s called capitalism man. I figured a guy as filled with Red Dread as you seem to be would get it.

Reactions: MIG

ClassLessCoyote

Staying classy
Jun 10, 2009
image.png

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
That’s not why. The reason is the league makes a lot of money and fans pay to see the players. Their salaries aren’t crazy. They’re a reflection of the profits the league makes and the part the players have in that.
I would suggest you do an online search for profitable teams, there aren't that many.

Reactions: Jakey53

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
Checking in on one of the YUGE mistakes this year...
cobra427 said:
All goalies have good and bad games, not just smith. That is why the save % is a good overall measure. This way you aren't blinded by the bad or good performances of any goalie...

If he finishes with the 8th best save %, the sample size is large enough to eliminate the shutouts or 5 GA gamers you speak of. Not sure why you don't understand save% versus his peers, but whatever:)

23rd among NHL goaltenders with over 15 GP

Raanta at #9 with .926
Kuemper at #15 with .921

We're paying both less than we would have paid Smith this year. I'm not sure what the handicap is for playing in front of the worst team ever with no system and the worst coaching, but I can't imagine it helps the argument to have not cleaned out the miasma from the lockerroom.

Reactions: CC96

cobra427

May 6, 2012
Checking in on one of the YUGE mistakes this year...

23rd among NHL goaltenders with over 15 GP

Raanta at #9 with .926
Kuemper at #15 with .921

We're paying both less than we would have paid Smith this year. I'm not sure what the handicap is for playing in front of the worst team ever with no system and the worst coaching, but I can't imagine it helps the argument to have not cleaned out the miasma from the lockerroom.
Talk to me when either Raanta (42 games) or Kuemper is a starter not a part timer for a full season, then you can compare apples to apples. Smith is 10th in save % among goalies with 50 games or more.

FYI, I hope the Coyotes sign Raanta and he wins the Vezina next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad