Around The NHL - The Craig Morgan Vacation Watch

Status
Not open for further replies.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
I don't know that is was bad, but underwhelming return. Did not do well on value, imo. But it wasn't a trade I lost sleep over either.

I think it was more to do with moving a guy that saw his role reduced by the new coach who wanted different things from him. I think both sides were frustrated, and we trimmed an extraneous branch off the trunk. Add in headed to free agency with a pain in the ass agent, and ...

We've been doing a lot of that over the past year. Whether it's work habits, playing habits, altitudes, compete level, expectations, buy-in whatever. A lot of guys have been moved in trades that seemed pointless or undervalue in a vacuum. It doesn't mean they all had the same bad habit or attitude, or whathaveyou. Or that the new management/coaching is right or better. Just that the team has clearly decided for one reason or another that moving people out and replacing them with fresh faces was a better idea than keeping the same faces, attitudes, habits, culture, etc

Neighborhood Coyote

Sep 14, 2017
That trade still looks bad. Kuemper sucks

Gonna agree to disagree on that one. Rieder wasn't gonna work here in AZ anymore and apparently not even LA. Yotes got a backup goalie for him. Debateable how good he's going to be but to that point in the season his numbers were solid.

At minimum... Yotes walked away with something instead of nothing. I'm cool with that. This next season we will all find out how the trade actually looks for the Yotes with Kuemper. He did underwhelm me at the end of the season, though.

Reactions: Jakey53

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
I'm more surprised that a Q team took a chance on him in the first place.I

Even guys like Danault find it hard to secure icetime and shipped out for veteran help.

Mosby

Ready for Yeti
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
I guess the standard is different for the Builder category? Lamoriello is already inducted, for instance.

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
I guess the standard is different for the Builder category? Lamoriello is already inducted, for instance.
I'm OK with a guy like Lamoriello, but I see it different when the guy runs the League. A GM could literally work until death, I don't think Gary stats that long.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad