Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Darryl Sutter retires from coaching.

me0nykP.jpg

Reactions: CC96

ClassLessCoyote

Staying classy
Jun 10, 2009
The main board strikes again with trying to downplay the Voynov matter vs the Watson matter with this "Voynov beat his wife up good; Watson just pushed his girlfriend" line. That push could have led to a cracked skull or that person being pushed getting hit by a car. Let's see if the NHL suspends Watson indefinitely like they did with Voynov.

Reactions: Sthlmyote

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
The main board strikes again with trying to downplay the Voynov matter vs the Watson matter with this "Voynov beat his wife up good; Watson just pushed his girlfriend" line. That push could have led to a cracked skull or that person being pushed getting hit by a car. Let's see if the NHL suspends Watson indefinitely like they did with Voynov.
That's an important distinction. Outcomes matter.

Reactions: Yandover

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
So it's a gender issue? None of you have crazy GF's or wives? I hope your worst day is clean, shiny and better than Watson's.

It's not a gender issue. DV goes both ways. You're simply downplaying it which is incredibly dumb. You need to check yourself if you're sitting there trying to justify hitting a SO.

Reactions: Sthlmyote

Lilhoody

Nov 25, 2016
Peoria, AZ
It's not a gender issue. DV goes both ways. You're simply downplaying it which is incredibly dumb. You need to check yourself if you're sitting there trying to justify hitting a SO.

So it's about hitting SO's? Not gender? Not strangers?

The Tennessean sensationalized a non-story about a sports star, who ironically was involved in an Anti-DV campaign.

I'm not justifying anything. Read my post again, before you turn into an internet tough guy.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
The Tennessean sensationalized a non-story about a sports star, who ironically was involved in an Anti-DV campaign.

I'm not justifying anything. Read my post again, before you turn into an internet tough guy.

Calling an arrest a non story is justifying it. "Big deal". Saying that he doesn't deserve to be punished by the league for it is justifying it. Posting "None of you have crazy GFs or ex wives?" when in a conversation about DV is asinine.

Lilhoody

Nov 25, 2016
Peoria, AZ
Calling an arrest a non story is justifying it. "Big deal". Saying that he doesn't deserve to be punished by the league for it is justifying it. Posting "None of you have crazy GFs or ex wives?" when in a conversation about DV is asinine.

I farted.

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona
I don't know anything about this story. I haven't read any of the articles but I do have a good friend who once pushed his wife (now ex) because she was hitting him. He was just trying to get her off of him. She called the cops. There were no charges filed against him because she was not hurt and only he had bruises from her hitting him. They didn't charge her either because he didn't file a complaint. All I'm trying to point out is unless you know all the facts, you can't judge. I think that's what Lilhoody was referring to in letting the court system do what it's supposed to do.

Mosby

<3 Uncle Gary
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
The overrated and gargantuan David Shoalts cast his 1st all-star center vote for ... Taylor Hall.

Idiot.

Vip

Coyotes/Cardinals/Jazz/RSL
Jul 25, 2010
Well, just when you think we are getting better by a one-for-one trade, LA goes and signs a superstar forward from FA.

Reactions: RABBIT

rt

May 13, 2004
Caps re-up John Carlson... 8x8
I wonder if we could acquire Andre Burakovsky. He’s got one year left at a 3m cap hit. He played pretty limited minutes as Vrana played more in the playoffs, especially in the final.

They might feel they can replace him with a cheaper UFA or an ELC and relieve some cap pressure.

Reactions: _Del_

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
I wonder if we could acquire Andre Burakovsky. He’s got one year left at a 3m cap hit. He played pretty limited minutes as Vrana played more in the playoffs, especially in the final.

They might feel they can replace him with a cheaper UFA or an ELC and relieve some cap pressure.

He's young and his p/60 is still good. Scored a few big goals in the playoffs. Really no reason for them to not just let his final year play out. They'll own his rights at the end.

rt

May 13, 2004
He's young and his p/60 is still good. Scored a few big goals in the playoffs. Really no reason for them to not just let his final year play out. They'll own his rights at the end.
He was 12th among Caps forwards in TOI/GP in the playoffs at 10:42. Which was exactly the time per game he enjoyed in the finals. With a 3m hit next season, I bet he’s very available.

Mosby

<3 Uncle Gary
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
I don't think Washington's cap crunch is a problem anymore now that they dumped all of Orpik's deal. At least not nearly as tight as it was a few days ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->