Around the NHL - The dog days of the season

Status
Not open for further replies.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
I'm sorry, but that was an absolutely excellent saturday night watch. Sid of course, willing excellence. f*** you OV you lazy russian.

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
Is there a main board thread up yet?
everyone just go post this if so

298ffcb639624fffad3a4d5c14c048dd.gif

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
everyone just go post this if so

298ffcb639624fffad3a4d5c14c048dd.gif

I so wish I could meet sid in person. I want to see what a tree trunk ball of muscle he really is.
I met Malkin, Gonchar, Bonvie, Bennet, many others... never sid though.

Tacitus Kilgore

May 26, 2010
Potomac, MD
Honestly in every All Star game since Sid has entered the league (except maybe his rookie year idk) he could've done this i bet. He just chose to this year. Clearly he saved himself yesterday for this game

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
Honestly in every All Star game since Sid has entered the league (except maybe his rookie year idk) he could've done this i bet. He just chose to this year. Clearly he saved himself yesterday for this game

People laughed at this kind of thinking when Sid was lighting it up in the playoffs last year. Was ridiculous what him and Guentzel were doing.

I also think he chooses when to turn it up a notch.

Maybe because of past injuries...who knows...another " what could have been" like Mario. But we also can't complain since we actually had those 2 who other fanbases would kill for. And 5 cups out of it so far

Reactions: Tacitus Kilgore

EightyOne

Nov 23, 2016
Sid just gets bored, I think. Then focuses doing some crazy shit to prove he can. Improving faceoffs. His tip-ins from last year. Defensive effort. Shit like that. He'll just bust out some crazy ass skill and stomp on people. Then change it up and learn something new.

Someone should bet Crosby a moderate charity donation that he cant score directly from a faceoff.

Reactions: SHOOTANDSCORE

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
Sid just gets bored, I think. Then focuses doing some crazy **** to prove he can. Improving faceoffs. His tip-ins from last year. Defensive effort. **** like that. He'll just bust out some crazy ass skill and stomp on people. Then change it up and learn something new.

Someone should bet Crosby a moderate charity donation that he cant score directly from a faceoff.

Winning one more ART at his age should be enough incentive. And I think he def could. But hed have to shoot more. Thats not him.

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
First time I've heard media say Sid is top 5 all time.

Looks like the ASG MVP finally tipped the scales for El Sid.

Canadian media is unanimous in that regard and has been since 2017.

EightyOne

Nov 23, 2016
Winning one more ART at his age should be enough incentive. And I think he def could. But hed have to shoot more. Thats not him.

I think this speaks to my theory that he looks for a personal challenge.

You know he has played with hands-less plugs almost forever.

What more of a challenge is there than making Dupuis a first line winger? I mean, daaaayum, right? Sid could get 100 goals a year. But he wants to move the difficulty sliders to 'All-Star' instead of 'Rookie.'

I don't think he truly cares about individual hardware.

I think he'd climb Everest without oxygen--and not even put it on social media/look for acolades. It's the challenge to himself that matters.

SHOOTANDSCORE

Eeny Meeny Miny Moe
Sep 25, 2005
Sid just gets bored, I think. Then focuses doing some crazy **** to prove he can. Improving faceoffs. His tip-ins from last year. Defensive effort. **** like that. He'll just bust out some crazy ass skill and stomp on people. Then change it up and learn something new.

Makes sense. He has said in the past that every offseason he picks a new skill to work on.

Reactions: EightyOne
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->